JavaScript Courses/tutorials?

GooMaty

Enroll for certification program but study at your own pace keep updating yourself.

IndigoIdentity

<removed link>
I'd call it bad practice to link to that monstrosity.

If you want to learn a new language or something within it, do a bit of research and buy a book on the subject then read through it. Maybe read through it twice and try to put into practice what you have learnt in order to solidify your understanding on the subject.

Take a look at https://www.manning.com/ as they have some truly excellent books on various subjects.

Last edited:

esvi

I used Lynda.com quite a lot. The sub is a bit more expensive with the current exchange rate @ R305 - R460 p/m. They offer way more than JS though.

It comes with project files and quizzes if go for the premium plan. LinkedIn is always giving away 30 day trials, but you can signup for a free 10 day trial either way if you want to check it out.

flippakitten

Expert Member
I am really liking this. They go through enough of the basics and concepts in an easy to follow manner.
So if you're learning a new language, it's great in helping you learn the new syntax and methods.

Otherwise it gives you a good starting point and some decent practice but to properly learn something, practice practice practice.

Think of something and try and do it, if you get stuck research and try again.
*Edit:

arK7905_700b.jpg

>Reaper<

When I was learning, I used www.w3schools.com and did a side project.

Just pick any side project to do. For me it was making a small site to keep track of my finances. I must have googled every few minutes in the beginning but after a while, it definitely paid off.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! :)

Sumio

Ebooks generally have corresponding code that accompanies them. A quick search on Google "Javascript .pdf" will help.

For those recommending w3schools please visit w3fools.com

The most comprehensive documentation regarding Javascript is available at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript

However it might be to complex for a beginner - but as they say if you learn from the best..

Last edited: