'Julle wit boere, julle wit honde'

They were trespassing? They paid a security guard - I dunno but if I was planning on trespassing I wouldn't go speak to a security guard. Just saying.

Of course, you're assuming that the security guard was acting off his own bat, and didn't have the authority to admit them - but there's no evidence really for that so it remains your assumption.

And your assumtions and blaming people for racism is OK! Sic:sick:k!
 
First of all, we do not know that there was no rascism and from experience I suspect there was, then secondly...WHAT!?!... how can you justify getting assaulted in a shower and being thrown out naked in public... atleast wait until they have put on a underpants... or is that just me.

You're one of a very few people that wouldn't mind coming home to find some stranger using your shower, lying in your bed or taking a **** in your toilet.
 
I also blew my top in the original thread, and despite the post being swiftly removed by the mods, I am willing to say that I might have overreacted. I do however agree with Chiskop that it is no way correct to treat people in that way (from both sides)

I have to ask though, did the three white boys - referred to in the article - also get the same treatment, and were they also suspected of criminality



They see a coloured family ( Husband, wife and kids ) and believe they might be thieves, honestly I ask you

Retro Wrote
Yeah, also saw that. They also had one of the campers on 5fm this week. She said they have to chase away lots of none campers (whites as well) using the showers cause they use up all the hot water and leave the place in a mess. I don't think this incident had anything to do with racism.

Nuff said...
 
I also blew my top in the original thread, and despite the post being swiftly removed by the mods, I am willing to say that I might have overreacted. I do however agree with Chiskop that it is no way correct to treat people in that way (from both sides)

I have to ask though, did the three white boys - referred to in the article - also get the same treatment, and were they also suspected of criminality



They see a coloured family ( Husband, wife and kids ) and believe they might be thieves, honestly I ask you

So trespassing is only criminal when you are white? Nobody as far as I could see said they are thieves. You are just trying to justify your lack of judgment now. At least you admitted. I do not expect anything better from the other @sses!
 
I also blew my top in the original thread, and despite the post being swiftly removed by the mods, I am willing to say that I might have overreacted. I do however agree with Chiskop that it is no way correct to treat people in that way (from both sides)

I have to ask though, did the three white boys - referred to in the article - also get the same treatment, and were they also suspected of criminality



They see a coloured family ( Husband, wife and kids ) and believe they might be thieves, honestly I ask you

You are linking to statements with no reason, its just the fact that all the campers hadn't seen them before and therefore knew that they where non-campers, when they saw them go into the shower, they started questioning.

EDIT: I have now read the other article, and seen that it didn't even mention coloureds regards to the thieves sentence, so you are the one that is calling the coloureds thieves, no one else but you !
 
Last edited:
I would like to say *BS* *BS* *BS* and that *BS**BS**BS**BS**BS* but i agree with him because *BS**BS**BS*.

Please dont comment again, you are biased and childish. If you want to, then rather wait for the judges verdict. As then you can comment with a backing.
 
Last edited:
This shouldn't be about race, but who had the right to be there. The ~campers~ might have over-reacted by pulling them out of the showers (although I agree with the house theory). IF the supposed ~non-campers~ where ~non-campers~, then they had no right to be there (in the shower), especially if it is marked as for ~campers~ only (ruling out any reason to have missed the rule and not known), so they blatantly disregarded the rules.

This is my opinion, you may make your own, but don’t force it on me as if you are the all-right mighty being.
 
Please dont comment again, you are biased and childish. If you want to, then rather wait for the judges verdict. As then you can comment with a backing.

Oh wow! So fabricating a quote and attributing it to me is mature, intelligent debate? Just the sort of twaddle I was referring to.
:eek::p:eek:
 
Oh wow! So fabricating a quote and attributing it to me is mature, intelligent debate? Just the sort of twaddle I was referring to.
:eek::p:eek:

I hope for your sake you don't take a shower at a camp site, white folk might think you a thief :D
 
There is a tendency for many people in SA to make things issues of race. They blame race for everything - fired from the job for not doing it properly - blame a racist boss.
Someone rude to you somewhere - they must be racist. Not getting your way - pull out the race card. Well it works in SA, it doesn't work outside of this continent. People should grow up but then again people will always abuse things to take advantage. I don't know the facts of the story but it was 1986 or 87 the last time I saw a "Whites Only" sign. I haven't seen one since and I have been plenty
of places around South Africa. I have never witnessed racial remarks from a white person (in public) but I have experienced a few black racial remarks and a good few coloured on black racial
remarks, in fact many coloured people in the Western Cape are very outspokenly racist towards blacks - local ones and foreigners, when they don't get their way, and if they have a bit too much
to drink then the whole "K" and "P" thing starts up. So I am highly skeptical that a White proprietor would eject non-Whites from a facility. It could still happen but I doubt it because
as is it seems blacks and coloureds can get away with all the racial bigotry they want but let one white guy use the K word in a fit of anger (not even because he considers the person inferior)
and he gets sued and 'shamed'.
 
Last edited:
There is a tendency for many people in SA to make things issues of race. They blame race for everything - fired from the job for not doing it properly - blame a racist boss.
Someone rude to you somewhere - they must be racist. Not getting your way - pull out the race card. Well it works in SA, it doesn't work outside of this continent. People should grow up but then again people will always abuse things to take advantage. I don't know the facts of the story but it was 1986 or 87 the last time I saw a "Whites Only" sign. I haven't seen one since and I have been plenty
of places around South Africa. I have never witnessed racial remarks from a white person (in public) but I have experienced a few black racial remarks and a good few coloured on black racial
remarks, in fact many coloured people in the Western Cape are very outspokenly racist towards blacks - local ones and foreigners, when they don't get their way, and if they have a bit too much
to drink then the whole "K" and "P" thing starts up. So I am highly skeptical that a White proprietor would eject non-Whites from a facility. It could still happen but I doubt it because
as is it seems blacks and coloureds can get away with all the racial bigotry they want but let one white guy use the K word in a fit of anger (not even because he considers the person inferior)
and he gets sued and 'shamed'.

...pity :(
 
I don't know the facts of the story but it was 1986 or 87 the last time I saw a "Whites Only" sign. I haven't seen one since and I have been plenty of places around South Africa. .

For me, it was in 1995 when I was at a UCT, Land Surveying Camp at Elandsbaai. Haven't seen a sign like that again. During the crayfish festival, we were ejected from the place for defying the "rules".
 
Last edited:
I have never witnessed racial remarks from a white person (in public) but I have experienced a few black racial remarks and a good few coloured on black racial
remarks, in fact many coloured people in the Western Cape are very outspokenly racist towards blacks - local ones and foreigners, when they don't get their way, and if they have a bit too much
to drink then the whole "K" and "P" thing starts up. .

Having lived in Cape Town for several years... I have to agree with you that coloured people there are very much racist towards black people. While this is unacceptable and should be condemned period... but as with most things (issues) in this country.... there's obviously a historical context to this effect. The Group Areas Act springs to my mind.
 

I don't see what's so special about this. I've experienced similar remarks from coloured strangers while going about my business.

Big mouths.

Walk anywhere where you're in the minority or ride enough public transport and you'll realise this is par for the course. If you find this shocking, then try stepping out of your bubbletop SUV once in a while? ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X