grok

Honorary Master
Makhura: We're announcing the decision to henceforth include some vaseline during your continued ass-raping.

Public: Never wanted the raping in the first place, vaseline isn't going to change that.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
They seem to be missing the point. If they want me to pay they will have to do it "passively" as in fuel levy or something. Lessening the fees is not going to get my lazy ass to sign up and add yet another complexity to my life.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
...and lowering it now means the fees are low for now. We have no guarantee that it will remain that way.

grok

Honorary Master
...and lowering it now means the fees are low for now. We have no guarantee that it will remain that way.
Plus they'll have you on the system where now we've refused to register.

They're effectively trying to take away our means of passive resistance.

kianm

Honorary Master
Scrapped or not i'm already paying a special fee on R0 / month. Heard there is a promo running where you simply don't pay

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I can just the shyte comming ...

SANRAL will use their cash to pay bonuses and fix Nkandla roads, and when the national roads become potholed and unuseable - its going to be the fault of the e -toll fees not being paid, and of course those old evils - Oom Jan van R and apartheid.

That aside - the fact that taxis are exempt, but the taxi associations themselves are aginst e-tolls, along with the voter base of unionistas should be telling these dumb shmicks something ............. SCRAP E-TOLLS.

The cost of the deliberations and negotiations are f@rt assing around could have been used to build a new road.