KENYA!. Another African Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep ducking and diving mate. Within the context of the conversation, it's patently clear who the "they" refers to. Or does he mean that whites and Asians living in Africa are also 400 years behind in evolution and are savages? So basically, if someone's white European parents move to Africa and have a kid, that kid automatically devolves by 400 years and becomes a savage? Are you also an unevolved savage?

Now THAT was the best flame I have ever read,
Where's the popcorn
 
The post you linked to reads:
By those definitions racism is not a bad thing by default. And who doesnt believe their race or religion or school or team or whatever is best? Its called 'esprit de corps'

Bottom line is Africa needs to wake up and take responsibilty for itself instead of blaming everything and everyone else.
​

I'll ignore the bits about schools and churches, as that is not pertinent to the topic of racism. Are you suggesting that all of us believe that our race is superior? The vast majority of my friends and colleagues, of all races, that would disagree with that.

Perhaps I'm just lucky.
 
We all believe we are the best at some level. Whether it be our race group or anything else like a religion. That is pertinent to the topic of racism. If you read the definitions of racism as posted by Blue Collar here http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost.php?p=1412848&postcount=21 you must see that simply believing you are part of a superior group is not a problem in itself. At school you rally around some belief that you are the best school, whether it be sporting prowess, academics or whatever. It doesnt mean you are in fact the best, but believing you are gives you a sense of identity and healthy competition.

Racism is not automatically a problem.
 
BlueCollar's quote:
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another race or races. The Merriam-Webster's Webster's Dictionary defines racism as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race, and that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief.[1] The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism thus: the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others.

It doesn't mention anything about religion, which you seem to be trying to include every time. If we are talking about racism, we are concerned with race.

You said "Every last single one of us is a racist". At the very least, according to the definition that you have chosen, that means that we have the "belief ... that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another race or races." I do not subscribe to that belief and I would struggle to find anyone in my circle of friends or colleagues who does.

Don't defend your own beliefs by ascribing them to me.

Whether racism is automatically a problem or not, is maybe a discussion for another time.
 
I'm not concerned with your use of religion to draw parallels. I am more concerned with your calling all of us racists to try to defend your own POV.
 
Well enclosed, well protected and supported by UK and other Internationals.

You have to understand Botswana and it's politics before even thinking of Britain and it's protection. Understand the culture of Batswana to realise what kind of people we are talking about. In short before giving glory to her fu#$% queen, give respect and acknowldge Africans and their success which does not have to be measured by colonisers, but by fellow Africans who understand and get involved in resolving conflicts.
 
You have to understand Botswana and it's politics before even thinking of Britain and it's protection. Understand the culture of Batswana to realise what kind of people we are talking about. In short before giving glory to her fu#$% queen, give respect and acknowldge Africans and their success which does not have to be measured by colonisers, but by fellow Africans who understand and get involved in resolving conflicts.

Which successes? I would like to understand specifically to what you are referring.
 
You have to understand Botswana and it's politics before even thinking of Britain and it's protection. Understand the culture of Batswana to realise what kind of people we are talking about. In short before giving glory to her fu#$% queen, give respect and acknowldge Africans and their success which does not have to be measured by colonisers, but by fellow Africans who understand and get involved in resolving conflicts.

You make it sound like the only successes native Africans have is resolving conflicts.

And the Queen is important to very many people and she does a lot of good in this world.
 
I can see the problem if you automatically revert to the negative connotation of the word.

Jeez, freshy. I tried to explain it using the definition that you chose. I purposefully left the discussion about whether it is automatically negative or not for another time.

I do not believe that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another race or races.
 
I think blacks of African decent are better sprinters. I think whites or European decent are better swimmers. Something to do with wider pelvic bones and body mass. Does that not make blacks superior to whites in a regard and vice versa? Is that not a characteristic or ability specific to that race?
 
I think blacks of African decent are better sprinters. I think whites or European decent are better swimmers. Something to do with wider pelvic bones and body mass. Does that not make blacks superior to whites in a regard and vice versa? Is that not a characteristic or ability specific to that race?

Sure, those are your beliefs, and you're welcome to them.

I do not share those beliefs, nor do the vast majority of people that I have personal contact with. Is that clear enough for you?

(If you read a little further in BlueCollar's post, you'd have read: "among most scholars in fields such as evolutionary biology, anthropology, and other disciplines is that racial distinctions fail on three counts--that is, they are not genetically discrete, are not reliably measured, and are not scientifically meaningful.")
 
Sure, those are your beliefs, and you're welcome to them.

I do not share those beliefs, nor do the vast majority of people that I have personal contact with. Is that clear enough for you?

(If you read a little further in BlueCollar's post, you'd have read: "among most scholars in fields such as evolutionary biology, anthropology, and other disciplines is that racial distinctions fail on three counts--that is, they are not genetically discrete, are not reliably measured, and are not scientifically meaningful.")
Wonder how much research you will need. Just look at Africa. Just look at South Africa. What more do you need to admit there is a problem and common denominators ????????????????????
 
I think blacks of African decent are better sprinters. I think whites or European decent are better swimmers. Something to do with wider pelvic bones and body mass. Does that not make blacks superior to whites in a regard and vice versa? Is that not a characteristic or ability specific to that race?
If I said SA black people couldn't do Maths, would that sound plausible to you, despite the evidence to support it. Let's get real and not stereotype. There is a reason sprinters are black, but it isn't what you think.
 
Possibly because as soon as anyone tries to study genetic differences etc they get called racist by the PC mob.

I always seem to see blacks winning the 100m sprint and whites the 50 freestyle at the Olympics. But of course I could be interpreting this fact all wrong.

And I didn't say you had to share my beliefs. I was merely debating and tried to elaborate on my points. Just try not to take it so personally. I wont think bad of you if you are a racist (even secretly) as long as you dont dress in white sheets, drink beer and set crosses alight on nice black folks lawns. ;-)
 
There is a reason sprinters are black, but it isn't what you think.

Seriously, please enlighten me? Like I said I seem to recall something about blacks pelvic bone structures generally being wider which helped with sprinting ability.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X