KENYA!. Another African Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You turned it into a racial argument once again as per usual. We are going that way but then you already know that and are just trying to be clever ! :D Well done there. Who designed the infrastructure here? Who paid for it?

I love how you explicitly mention race and it's fine, but when I bring it up, it's me that's playing the race card?

Let's answer your question with another question, who actually made the infrastrucutre you're talking about. Which cheap exploitable workforce was that exactly? The fact is that all of the West's success is based on (historically more so than now, but it's still very much happening) the exploitation of the resources and people of the "new world".
 
You see I don't have to worry, I have the money and the access to leave and will be doing so this year. It is the people that cannot leave that want to that I feel for. At a recent Australia seminar there were 300 families in one evening. Says something about what is happening here. These people that are leaving are not brain dead idiots like some people here, they are educated, have money and will be a loss to SA. But yes keep living in your dream world where everything is wonderful.
 
I love how you explicitly mention race and it's fine, but when I bring it up, it's me that's playing the race card?

Let's answer your question with another question, who actually made the infrastrucutre you're talking about. Which cheap exploitable workforce was that exactly? The fact is that all of the West's success is based on (historically more so than now, but it's still very much happening) the exploitation of the resources and people of the "new world".

No need to be snotty, I've already said I'm no expert. I am, however, willing to do some research into the subject instead of just relying on my opinion only.

Here's the abstract to the article:

Abstract
Despite the existence of empirical studies linking Africa’s current
underdevelopment to its colonial history, a formal theoretical explana-
tion of this link has yet to be made. How could colonialism have had
apparently lasting impacts? I provide a game-theoretic model that
explains how extraction, taking the form of the slave trade and colo-
nial control, resulted in a permanent increase in rent-seeking behavior
and a permanent decrease in the security of private property, both of
which have helped foster Africa’s current underdevelopment.
 
You guys are living in the past. While you keep living in that time, things are being destroyed here but as I said, I dont actually care. Rape, murder, steal do whatever it is that makes you happy, black or white.
 
I love how you explicitly mention race and it's fine, but when I bring it up, it's me that's playing the race card?

Let's answer your question with another question, who actually made the infrastrucutre you're talking about. Which cheap exploitable workforce was that exactly? The fact is that all of the West's success is based on (historically more so than now, but it's still very much happening) the exploitation of the resources and people of the "new world".

And when that trained workforce were handed the infrastructure and authority and the investments, like some farms? Why did they then fail. Just because there is some things you cannot transfer? Make a list of those things and let us know. Maybe we can learn something!

Why was the cheap exploitable workforce used in the first place. Where would it have been if that was not done?
 
You see I don't have to worry, I have the money and the access to leave and will be doing so this year. It is the people that cannot leave that want to that I feel for. At a recent Australia seminar there were 300 families in one evening. Says something about what is happening here. These people that are leaving are not brain dead idiots like some people here, they are educated, have money and will be a loss to SA. But yes keep living in your dream world where everything is wonderful.

Yeah funny I heard exactly the same thing said in 1989. Both black and white were leaving then too but I suppose then the "crime" was justified eh?
 
Once again, I never brought the race card up, you did. If you bring it up and someone says something about it you get upset??? ROFL.

Cherry picking what you're stating a little, Marine? This thread has had an implicit racial undertone from the very first post. I'm not the only person who's picked up on this. I may have made the race issue an explicit one, but NoADSLyet's sentiments were abundantly clear from the outset. Don't accuse me of playing the race card when it's been a racial thread all along.
 
Who did all the work for less then minimum wage?

There was no minimum wage. LOL. There was so many of you you killed each other to do the job. AND remember you had NO education apart from hunting, killing and making babies. Things that was rejected 400 years earlier by civilization. Looking today at Africa I wonder if it changed that much!
 
Yeah funny I heard exactly the same thing said in 1989. Both black and white were leaving then too but I suppose then the "crime" was justified eh?
What the hell does that mean? People have been leaving here for years, we just dont see it as there are millions of illegal immigrants here from every hole in Africa. Wha are there like 2-3 million illegal Zims here? Not to mention the eastern block countries etc.
Funny thing is that I went to a seminar about New Zealand and there were a lot of black people looking at going too.
 
And when that trained workforce were handed the infrastructure and authority and the investments, like some farms? Why did they then fail. Just because there is some things you cannot transfer? Make a list of those things and let us know. Maybe we can learn something!

Why was the cheap exploitable workforce used in the first place. Where would it have been if that was not done?

Somebody who is trained as an artisan (and in most cases not even that, more like a manual labourer) is does not possess the skills to run or manage a business. Skills, experience and education are things that are learned, not simply inherant to one racial group or another.
 
What the hell does that mean? People have been leaving here for years, we just dont see it as there are millions of illegal immigrants here from every hole in Africa. Wha are there like 2-3 million illegal Zims here? Not to mention the eastern block countries etc.
Funny thing is that I went to a seminar about New Zealand and there were a lot of black people looking at going too.

Oh looky. So a whole bunch of people from Europe immigrated here? Why on earth would they want to do that? :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X