KENYA!. Another African Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick and choose as you wish. You know as you already proved by saying what you perceive many times in this thread.

Why will you not commit to a straight answer? I asked you a simple question. You accuse me of playing "mind games" but you're the one who'se trying every bit of verbal gymnastics possible to avoid answering a very straightforward question. I don't want to be accused of misunderstanding your statements and I'm asking for clarity.
 
His statements were ambiguous. I'm asking for clarification. Simple.
 
Mbeki's term ends 2009!! How's he trying to hold onto power? If anything the democratic nature of SA politics could well see him out sooner.

Kenya is experiencing ethnic violence spurned on by suspicion of a rigged vote in the nations recent elections...

I don't see the similiarities but lets leave it at that then...

And the recent Polokwane ANC conference election was different? :D Vote-Selling, intimidation, 'smear campaigns', job promises, NEC seats ... ad nauseum
 
Why will you not commit to a straight answer? I lve how you accuse me of playing "mind games" but you're the one who'se trying every bit of verbal gymnastics possible to avoid answering a very straightforward question. I don't want to be accused of misunderstanding your statements and I'm asking for clarity.

Ah man You are trying Fcucking hard to pull this out of context. Just Fcuckoff or desist whatever you fancy. You created the issue and I am not going to be drawn in anything. Its all in the thread and if there is something you do not understand, I am sure there is many, then maybe you can quote that post and ask a question based on that post. ATM you look like a F@@L as You started with this They, You and other references. I know what you are trying to achieve so rather pi$$ off and do something usefull for a change.
 
You right there yet people still insist on driving their fancy cars and wearing their fancy brand name watches etc surely living modestly is the way to avoid becoming a target? of course getting caught in the crossfire is unavoidable and tragic...

That is a typical government response when asked about the tourists that were robbed in DURBAN a while ago. They have to leave all valuables in the hotel, cameras too. What the Fcuck do they want to visit Durban for then and then maybe loose the most valuable item, their life or dignity, just because they were in Durban.
 
I agree but there is very few countries in the world where you cannot stop living in fear that your loved ones will return home safe tonight. That the problem here. 90% of Africa countries is better than here regards to that as there are still humanity left in other African countries. Here the thug rules!

That's your opinion based on your experience and that of many other people. Its a free world and people can move around to an environment they deem safe for them. I grew up in fear and many other people in SA. Its better now but not acceptable still by any standards.
 
You right there yet people still insist on driving their fancy cars and wearing their fancy brand name watches etc surely living modestly is the way to avoid becoming a target? of course getting caught in the crossfire is unavoidable and tragic...

So I'm not free to live my life as I choose because if I have a cell phone I am a target for someone who believes its theirs? What a terrible comment - my life is worth less because I have more.

I have a friend from Canada who has sent his wife back because he could handle worrying about her safety all the time. He is counting down the days till he gets back there. So screw the "brain drain" - we're chasing off the professionals from abroad coming here.
 
So I'm not free to live my life as I choose because if I have a cell phone I am a target for someone who believes its theirs?
Well, you would agree that crime is rampant in SA? You would agree that hijacking, house robberies and muggings are the most common forms of crime perpetrated? On that basis would it not be ignorant to flaunt your possessions? The realities are such and becoming a target can be avoided so live your life as you choose but until the situation changes there could be repercussions...

All I'm saying is exercise some common sense...
 
Last edited:
And the recent Polokwane ANC conference election was different? :D Vote-Selling, intimidation, 'smear campaigns', job promises, NEC seats ... ad nauseum
That's politics, not ethnic violence...Besides Zuma's victory was based on a democracy, there wasn't anything sinister about his victory, it's called charisma!!
 
Well, you would agree that crime is rampant in SA? You would agree that hijacking, house robberies and muggings are the most common forms of crime perpetrated? On that basis would it not be ignorant to flaunt your possessions? The realities are such and becoming a target can be avoided so live your life as you choose but until the situation changes there could be repercussions...

Or I could leave :/
 
Ah man You are trying Fcucking hard to pull this out of context. Just Fcuckoff or desist whatever you fancy. You created the issue and I am not going to be drawn in anything. Its all in the thread and if there is something you do not understand, I am sure there is many, then maybe you can quote that post and ask a question based on that post. ATM you look like a F@@L as You started with this They, You and other references. I know what you are trying to achieve so rather pi$$ off and do something usefull for a change.

Yep. I look like a fool. Keep telling yourself that bud, the fact is you're the fool who's backed himself so far into a corner that you can't actually answer a simple question. You've got nowhere else to go from here except :

a) Answer the question and expose yourself (not that it needs much exposing) as the racist **** that you are, or

b) Play slippery slide and try and save some face.

Whatever...
 
That is a typical government response when asked about the tourists that were robbed in DURBAN a while ago. They have to leave all valuables in the hotel, cameras too. What the Fcuck do they want to visit Durban for then and then maybe loose the most valuable item, their life or dignity, just because they were in Durban.

Common sense, the same way if they were tourists in the Kruger Park they would be advised not to get out their vehicles. If you know SA has a history of violent crime then reconsider going there on holiday and if you still go bare in mind that you may be mugged for your possessions.

Every destination has its draw backs, in India the food and water could give you diphtheria, in OZ on the Great Barrier Reef you may drown or be stung by poisonous jelly fish, in Sri Lanka the Tamil tigers might blow your bus up and in sunny SA you may just be robbed of your valuables...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X