What a depressing thread to wade through.
@NoADSLyet, the phrasing of your question in the first post looks like cage-rattling rhetoric to me, so I'm going to ignore that last bit
.
I don't see the connection between actual election violence and the situation in S.A., and you haven't widened that statement with specifics in an attempt to make a connection. IMO you scored an own-goal right there
.
Serious question sandmanm34 (i.e. not flamebait
):
What are your thoughts on the staying and fighting part? Actually, I'd welcome constructive suggestions from anybody on this one. (Please restrain the impulse to suggest armed revolt etc.
). Threads like this one often only lead to further polarisation, nobody ever seems to get the part where we don't grab our passports and leave, but stay on as sandmanm34 suggested.
@NoADSLyet, the phrasing of your question in the first post looks like cage-rattling rhetoric to me, so I'm going to ignore that last bit
I was following recent events re the elections there and it reminded me so much of our own local crisis.
I don't see the connection between actual election violence and the situation in S.A., and you haven't widened that statement with specifics in an attempt to make a connection. IMO you scored an own-goal right there
or you could stay and fight but yeah I think leaving is the popular choice...
Serious question sandmanm34 (i.e. not flamebait
What are your thoughts on the staying and fighting part? Actually, I'd welcome constructive suggestions from anybody on this one. (Please restrain the impulse to suggest armed revolt etc.