KFC vs Chicken Licken vs Nandos.

catharsis

Was recently at the Boksburg drivethrough CL and was quite impressed at the real quality vs price value.

Nandos is great but overpriced. KFC quality has dropped alarmingly.

Your choices and reasons?

Necropolis

Executive Member
Nando's is overpriced but the quality is good.

Had a generally good experiences with KFC.

Chicken Licken seems to be all over the place when it comes to quality.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Nandos is bad value for money.
same amount of money gets you twice as much food from the other two places.

CL is better than KFC becasue they par boil the chicken before they deep fry them. so its not as saturated in oil.

if I want sothern fried Chicken, its Chicken licken all the way.

if I want a flame grilled chicken, I go to Machacho's or Barcello's before I go to Nandos

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
As others have said, Nandos is great but expensive, KFC is way too oily.

Not really that many CL around, but better than KFC.

access

Executive Member

CL is better than KFC becasue they par boil the chicken before they deep fry them. so its not as saturated in oil.

if I want sothern fried Chicken, its Chicken licken all the way.

if I want a flame grilled chicken, I go to Machacho's or Barcello's before I go to Nandos
sensible

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Of the three I would choose KFC. Unique flavour and not terrible value for money. Nando's is nice, but it's no different to what I can get at home.

I'm currently using the Nando's Extra Extra Hot sauce. Wow it's nice.

R13...

Honorary Master
Nandos because it isn't deep fried, but quality tends to be variable dependent on store. Sometimes you get the thing half done, other times it is charred. If only they'd find some way around that.

Randhir

Honorary Master
Depends on what your priorities are. I agree that Nandos is decreasing when it comes to value for money but I'd rather overpay a bit for something that's tastier and healthier than underpay for ***.

hashbrown99

Expert Member
Nandos too expensive and too hit and miss with regards to taste
KFC hasn't been edible for years - either dripping oil or tough as leather. Would have to be desperate:sick:
Chicken Licken also hit and miss but wow when they get it right. Juicy not oily.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I've come across half-plucked feathers in Chicken Licken. That alone puts me off them.

If the choice wasn't between these 3, I'd go with Mochachos. Probably the best tasting chips from any fast food franchise, great tasting chicken and good value for money...

rietrot

Honorary Master
I prefer Nando's 1st, CL 2nd then KFC for all the reasons already listed. But I eat and buy more in the opposite order just becouse there is more KFC shops close to my house

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
My days on Stellenbosch, Hungry Lion was worth way more than KFC. I had it again some time ago, not bad imho, well worth the money in comparison to KFC. It is only that in my vicinity I have to pick between Zebros or KFC, Nandos is inside Somerset Mall. I’m not big on takeaways, it is a last minute thing whilst on the road.

Wall

Sports Addict
Ordered from Nando's the other day and the ****ed up my order.

Wife's order came as Hot when we asked for mild. My order came with Mayo when I said no Mayo.