Laptop Warranty Amazon

chakniks

I am thinking of getting a Lenovo laptop from Amazon but was wondering how they handle the warranty.
Has anyone bought a laptop from them and had an issue with it past the 90 day return period?
How is the warranty handled?

Solitude

Executive Member
Funnily enough I ordered a laptop from Amazon just last week. I've also wondered about it. It sounds like if you have a problem you have to ship back the item yourself. I may be completely wrong however.

Best case scenario is that nothing goes wrong.

chakniks

Funnily enough I ordered a laptop from Amazon just last week. I've also wondered about it. It sounds like if you have a problem you have to ship back the item yourself. I may be completely wrong however.

Best case scenario is that nothing goes wrong.
Indeed it would be best if we never need to use the warranty.

Shipping back to them would not be ideal, lets continue watching the thread maybe someone has handled warranty issues with them and will advise on the process

The_Traveller

Expert Member
I've purchased a few laptops from Amazon/MS and none have given me trouble thus far.

I do travel often so if anything had to go wrong i don't have a problem returning it.

First check reviews on that laptop and see how many complaints are posted, then decide if its worth the risk.

JayM

Expert Member
Lenovo business grade laptops have international warranties, provided the model you buy is sold in the same territory. By default it will only be return to depot, but you can upgrade to on-site for around R1.2K (for 3 years). I have a US-sourced Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 and it is supported locally. Avoid any consumer grade laptop (of any brand) from Amazon. If you have to ship it back just once for a warranty claim, it will cost thousands in shipping, and probably take a month before you get it back. It's just not worth the risk.