LastPass, what an excellent password manager

wikus

After constantly having to open KeePass to copy and past my passwords into websites or using it's (rather lacking) auto-login, I decided to try LastPass and I have to say it is just awesome!!

It's free for standard usage, but if you want to use it with your iPhone, you'll have to pay $1 a month.

It has extended functionality which includes a Firefox plug-in, free password database online syncing and it even detects when you change your password on sites and automatically updates the password entry!! Awesome!

I would really recommend this proggy for password management

pedruid

Expert Member
After constantly having to open KeePass to copy and past my passwords into websites or using it's (rather lacking) auto-login, I decided to try LastPass and I have to say it is just awesome!!

It's free for standard usage, but if you want to use it with your iPhone, you'll have to pay $1 a month.

It has extended functionality which includes a Firefox plug-in, free password database online syncing and it even detects when you change your password on sites and automatically updates the password entry!! Awesome!

I would really recommend this proggy for password management
Hi Wikus, are you still using Lastpass?

pedruid

Expert Member
I use this extensively
Hi Anthro, as a regular user perhaps you would help me as I’m considering it. Say I want to change be internet banking password to a Lastpass generated one, how exactly do I go about it. If it’s easier to answer by email, please pm me and I’ll send you mine. Hope you can assist.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hi Anthro, as a regular user perhaps you would help me as I’m considering it. Say I want to change be internet banking password to a Lastpass generated one, how exactly do I go about it. If it’s easier to answer by email, please pm me and I’ll send you mine. Hope you can assist.
Click on the extension and go to "Generate secure password".

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I use this extensively
I recommend Bitwarden over LastPass. The browser extension is easier to use imo and it's less than half the price for premium.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I recommend Bitwarden over LastPass. The browser extension is easier to use imo and it's less than half the price for premium.
Can you generate 2fa codes with the extension or is it mobile only like Lastpass? I'm keeping an eye on Myki Password Manager & Authenticator.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I prefer Sticky Password.

Contact me for great pricing on it.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Can you generate 2fa codes with the extension or is it mobile only like Lastpass? I'm keeping an eye on Myki Password Manager & Authenticator.
I've never heard of a browser extension that generates its own 2FA codes. What would the point be? You're already entering a password.

You can connect any mainstream password manager to Google 2FA if you want. LastPass has its own 2FA app but I never liked it back when I used them. The real solution is a password manager + physical 2FA key like YubiKey 4 or 5.

I've never even heard of Myki. Maybe stick to the best known password managers for security reasons. Bitwarden even lets you host your own cloud if you want.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
LastPass is free, Android app aswell.
So what happens of your LastPass is hacked?
The private key isn't stored by Lastpass and you can enable 2FA, Yubi key and various other measures.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
When you learn how to talk like an adult I'll reply like one, capisce?
Wtf is your problem? There was nothing unreasonable or childish about my post or question to you. The only childish behaviour I can see is you asking people to contact you for your 'special pricing' rather than just disclosing it upfront.

We tend to look out for one another here. Swooping in with a much more expensive recommendation, no substantiation provided for the high cost and a problem attitude when asked questions makes me assume you're looking for a quick buck with a referral link.

So what happens of your LastPass is hacked?
The real answer is that is would be a problem if you password manager was hacked. Most people have all their logins, credit cards and banking details stored. Perhaps even sensitive files if the service has that facility.

In reality though the chances are extremely slim. Extensive measures are taken to render the data that could potentially be stolen as unusable as possible. Only users know their master passwords. 2FA, especially physical 2FA like a YubiKey 5, makes a compromised account very unlikely. It's infinitely more likely that a hacker would try access your account using your info rather than hack the password management service - hence the enormous benefit of 2FA.

pedruid

Expert Member
Wtf is your problem? There was nothing unreasonable or childish about my post or question to you. The only childish behaviour I can see is you asking people to contact you for your 'special pricing' rather than just disclosing it upfront.

We tend to look out for one another here. Swooping in with a much more expensive recommendation, no substantiation provided for the high cost and a problem attitude when asked questions makes me assume you're looking for a quick buck with a referral link.

The real answer is that is would be a problem if you password manager was hacked. Most people have all their logins, credit cards and banking details stored. Perhaps even sensitive files if the service has that facility.

In reality though the chances are extremely slim. Extensive measures are taken to render the data that could potentially be stolen as unusable as possible. Only users know their master passwords. 2FA, especially physical 2FA like a YubiKey 5, makes a compromised account very unlikely. It's infinitely more likely that a hacker would try access your account using your info rather than hack the password management service - hence the enormous benefit of 2FA.
Hi Guys, I wasn’t looking to start a war, just looking for some assistance.