LastPass, what an excellent password manager

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hi Guys, I wasn’t looking to start a war, just looking for some assistance.
I think you misunderstand how password managers work, based on your message up top. They just store passwords and other sensitive info for you, and make that info easy to access or insert into applicable input fields.

So if you want to improve the password you use on any particular website, just go to that website and change the password normally. Rather than suck a new password out of your thumb you just click the password manager's extension and let it generate a password for you. Make sure you fiddle with the settings so that the generator spits out 25+ character monsters. And always ensure that you're saving your passwords into the manager - occasionally you'll need to manually add it for the domain but usually it should be a one-click ordeal.

Many password managers have one-click password changing facilities, but tbh I feel a lot better doing it myself manually. They don't work often enough anyway to be a reliable solution for me.

I recommend starting out with Bitwarden. Like LastPass its core functionality is also free, but the Premium subscription is less than half the price and in my opinion the browser extension is nicer to use.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Your filler words bore me.

I have been a member here for many years. I know my way around.

You are talking about my God and swearing at me, yet calling it unchildish.

I'm a professional. Not here for fun. Now I'm gone again.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Aaah one of those children, so easily offended on behalf of their puny overlord.

Shame.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

Let's be super clear: whatever you are, it isn't a professional. In my work environment, you'd lose your job for not having the slightest semblance of a cool head, for being difficult to work with, for having a short fuse, for letting your religious beliefs get in other people's faces and for the illusions of grandeur.

This is my first reply to you:
Jesus, $30 a year. Bitwarden is $10 a year. How big is your discount exactly?
- I'm not addressing, criticising or discussing supernatural deities alleged to exist
- I'm not swearing at you
- I'm not even claiming that your expensive password manager isn't worth the money

Furthermore, you weren't even having a reaction to some unusual and egregious blasphemy that most reasonable perpetrators would feel apologetic about upon learning that a devout thumper of the bible was in attendance. No, it was a reaction to one of the most common expressions in the English language. Never mind all the points I mentioned above, that alone betrays how impossible you must be to work with.