Latest Windows 7 Updates

daveza

Honorary Master
Looks like MSoft have screwed the updates again.

Have pcs all over stuck on a blue screen or setting up personal settings.

Anyone else picking this up ?

gamer16

Honorary Master
MS have nuked your windows 7

Forcing you to take their W10 Strap on nice and deep.

Last edited:

Iamnotageek

Expert Member

Each BSOD gives an error message or code. Google it and see why you're getting said BSOD

Apply fix. Easy peasy

There was actually a time when I used to read through the list of BSOD error codes. Like, get the list and read through each one and their fixes. I just had this urge to know more about BSOD error codes

daveza

Honorary Master
It's not a Blue screen Blue screen...

It's this -

1554904528939.png

Does that for hours.

A reboot just takes you back to it.

Figured out there are 3 Updates which are causing the problem.

Need to get into safe mode with networking so I can uninstall the updates.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Windows updates are at it again, reportedly hanging and slowing down systems
Windows 7 machines seem to be the most vulnerable

Windows updates are up to their old tricks. Users on various forums are reporting issues after installing the April 2019 cumulative updates and Windows 7 users appear to be especially affected.
Additionally, the updates are conflicting with certain antivirus software like Avast and Avira.

This update is another in what's becoming a string of botched updates from Microsoft, going back to October of last year.

https://www.techspot.com/news/79639-windows-updates-again-reportedly-hanging-slowing-down-systems.html

rambo919

Expert Member
Doesnt this mean the updates are acting like virusses and being blocked? Good-Guy-AV.

Trust|Nobody

This is happening to everyone?
I thought the IT guys at the office were just incompetent

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Avast and sophos were earliest confirmed victims I think

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Oh great, and here I thought Win 7 was the most stable since XP. Well then, I might as well upgrade to Win 10 just for the heck of it.

Thx a lot Micrososft you bunch of douchebags.

Rharia

Why would Microsoft support Windows system which will be like 10 years old this month ? It's really out of my area of understanding here, I do not see anything which is located there totally. Please do go research the question in good way, thanks.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Why would Microsoft support Windows system which will be like 10 years old this month ? It's really out of my area of understanding here, I do not see anything which is located there totally. Please do go research the question in good way, thanks.
Sorry what?

Demavend

Oh great, and here I thought Win 7 was the most stable since XP. Well then, I might as well upgrade to Win 10 just for the heck of it.

Thx a lot Micrososft you bunch of douchebags.
Just a head's up, but Windows 10 updates regularly break my devices, such as my tablet monitor. I had to get rid of it and go back to windows 7, which allows me to completely disable updates.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Just a head's up, but Windows 10 updates regularly break my devices, such as my tablet monitor. I had to get rid of it and go back to windows 7, which allows me to completely disable updates.

'Break"? How? And what is a tablet monitor? The only issue possibly is with drivers ---
And then IF you know that you have devices with unusual "drivers" then you need to know where to find WIN 10 driver updates for those devices.

lowriderza

I think a rule about no commenting about Windows 10 Updates on a Friday night would be in order? What a buzz kill

Demavend

'Break"? How? And what is a tablet monitor? The only issue possibly is with drivers ---
And then IF you know that you have devices with unusual "drivers" then you need to know where to find WIN 10 driver updates for those devices.
A tablet monitor is a monitor you can draw on with a stylus. It's something I use for graphic design and painting in Photoshop. The one I use is a XP-Pen 22HD. The thing worked fine on my then-new windows 10 installation, but an unexpected update caused it to malfunction and there was no way to fix it. I couldn't afford to wait for the manufacturer to release a new working windows 10 driver as I had a ton of work to do, so I was forced to format and install windows 7.

It will be difficult for me to articulate to you exactly what the malfunction was - it's something you have to see to understand, but the gist of it is that when you have multiple monitors, you have to set the tablet monitor to limit the stylus to its own screen area and to not have the stylus treat the tablet monitor's screen area as a representation of the total screen area of all active monitors added together. If the latter is the active state, the cursor won't match up with where you press the stylus on your screen and it goes all over the place. It is a nightmare. The win10 update made it impossible to restrict the stylus to just the tablet monitor's screen area. I tried everything to fix it but it was futile. The only solution was to temporarily go back to Windows 7 and wait for the monitor manufacturer to release an updated win 10 driver. As of yet I have not switched back to win 10 as I am too terrified of an update breaking my stuff again.

Last edited: