Let's talk Gatsbys

Keeper

Honorary Master
Which is your favorite?
Where do you go for the Best Gatsby in town?

...Or do you make your own? :D

Lastly, how much have you finished in one sitting? :p

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
dammit ...you people make a man go mad

ok my aunt owns a take away in strand so normally i go there and make my own

very long 1metre rolls which must be toasted

the chicken is grilled in a tikka and oriental relish sauce

the chips abit crispy as i dont like slaap chips ..

on the roll beofre anything is added i add 2 slices cheese to the bottom (cut into triangles)..then goes the chicken ...some sauce over that ..

then the chips with bbq and chilli spice and salt and add 2 slices cheese on top ..cut into triangles so distributed all over

then the sauces , mayo and a secret sauce

wrap it up and cut into minimum 4 slices

..other gatsbys well our own shop i make a good steak almost similar and eating out a golden dish chicken and cheese is good ...and boner (grassy parl) vienna gastby

Keeper

Honorary Master
dammit ...you people make a man go mad

ok my aunt owns a take away in strand so normally i go there and make my own

very long 1metre rolls which must be toasted

the chicken is grilled in a tikka and oriental relish sauce

the chips abit crispy as i dont like slaap chips ..

on the roll beofre anything is added i add 2 slices cheese to the bottom (cut into triangles)..then goes the chicken ...some sauce over that ..

then the chips with bbq and chilli spice and salt and add 2 slices cheese on top ..cut into triangles so distributed all over

then the sauces , mayo and a secret sauce

wrap it up and cut into minimum 4 slices

..other gatsbys well our own shop i make a good steak almost similar and eating out a golden dish chicken and cheese is good ...and boner (grassy parl) vienna gastby
I am currently living in Strand.... don't tell me it's the place across the KFC (At the OK)? :D

Can't remember the place's name... something like "Food Planet" or something..

Edit: if it was, the gatsby was great, btw :D

Last edited:

abzo

Honorary Master
Let's talk Gatsby's

Next time i'm at strand i'm going to say "ey gundu, your nephew sent me, he said it's on the house"

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
I am currently living in Strand.... don't tell me it's the place across the KFC (At the OK)? :D

Can't remember the place's name... something like "Food Planet" or something..

Edit: if it was, the gatsby was great, btw :D
haha yes it is ..but tbh i make it better

Next time i'm at strand i'm going to say "ey gundu, your nephew sent me, he said it's on the house"
il take you with

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Let me see if I've got this right - a gatsby is pretty much a hoagie/sub but with chips inside?

HammerDown

Expert Member
Eish, you guys are probably going to hate me.... It was on my "when in the Cape" bucket list, so I drove around the block like 20 times just to get a Gatsby from GD, because, everyone said THAT was the best place to go.

Much Dissapoint. :( Took ages, people pestering you the whole time while you stand and wait. Only to not be impressed.

TBH the one I got from the garage at the waterfront was better......(and the place was way cleaner too)
But then, I'm just a Freestater, what do I know.:D

*flame suit on*

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Pretty much, except messier.
Thanks. Going to have to try one of those!

It doesn't even need chips. It's just a long roll with stuff in it...
Wiki says usually but it would seem to be a defining ingredient, no? BTW - has anyone watched Adam Richmans Best sandwich in America series - talk about a source of inspiration!

Keeper

Honorary Master
Lol that's funny... So it turns out I had my 1st gatsby at your aunts take-away.
I ate 1/2 meter of that gatsby in one sitting... the "Steak Full House" I think it was called.

Across the street from your guy's place they have a special if you eat the AK47 in 30 minutes you get your R100 back (I think you need to finish 1L cola as well)
I didn't go there though, people flocked to Food Planet so I thought "Hey, go where the locals go"

I would REALLY love to see anyone eat a full Gatsby in 30 minutes... I personally think it's impossible.

abzo

Honorary Master
Let's talk Gatsby's

Eish, you guys are probably going to hate me.... It was on my "when in the Cape" bucket list, so I drove around the block like 20 times just to get a Gatsby from GD, because, everyone said THAT was the best place to go.

Much Dissapoint. :( Took ages, people pestering you the whole time while you stand and wait. Only to not be impressed.

TBH the one I got from the garage at the waterfront was better......(and the place was way cleaner too)
But then, I'm just a Freestater, what do I know.:D

*flame suit on*
Never even heard of GD.

Wiki says usually but it would seem to be a defining ingredient, no?
True, but the texture and flavour of the chips are lost in the heap of bread. It's just a useless, tasteless filler imo and detracts from any other fillings added...

abzo

Honorary Master
Let's talk Gatsby's

I Can't stand full-house gatsby i.e with eggs and cheese.

I usually eat the chips separately or I won't taste the steak well.