License discs

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Hoping this is in the correct place?

Is the 20 days of grace for expired license discs still a thing?

Thanks.

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
Thanks man, someone told me there is no such thing anymore and I thought that would be oddly stupid especially what with the pandemic.

But then I remembered the government we have... and it all kinda made sense I guess.

:D

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Related question. I renewed my license disc with FNB more than a month ago and I'm still waiting for it. What do I do if I'm puller over now with an expired disc? We are doing a road trip down to the coast in just over a week's time so I am bound to be pulled over somewhere.

SHL

Expert Member
Related question. I renewed my license disc with FNB more than a month ago and I'm still waiting for it. What do I do if I'm puller over now with an expired disc? We are doing a road trip down to the coast in just over a week's time so I am bound to be pulled over somewhere.
Just show them proof of application. Happened to me a while ago and they let me go without any issues.

krycor

Honorary Master

Got a similar issue with spouses car.. mine got updated, hers was in delayed(after cancelled with no reason) for 3 weeks and changed to printed this week-end. Hoping it was them delivering today as security called.

Uhm.. yah I am considering cancelling this service thing they had because initially they had other things like roadside assist which they sneakily removed etc. so just waiting on license and then will rather pay each time.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Just show them proof of application. Happened to me a while ago and they let me go without any issues.
I guess the question is - will they accept the provided info on the FNB app? Because it's the only info I have on the disc progress.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I did mine about a week ago ... also keep saying delayed.

I wasn't stressed because of the 21 day grace, but it seems I may go over that now

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I went to the licensing department (Bedfordview) and I got my son's license disc (using the renewal notice) but they won't let me renew the two company vehicles because they say I need the eNatis document (not just the number which I had already) that shows the traffic registration number for the company. I didn't receive renewal notices for the two company vehicles this year for some reason. I told the guy to just print a copy of the vehicle register document from his eNatis computer because it's on there already. Note I had a permission letter from my company as well as our company registration documents and proof of address. He didn't think that was funny. It's like going to the bank to get a print out of your bank account and they ask you for a letter from the bank proving you own that bank account. /Facepalm! So now I have to go inside the same licensing department and ask them to print a copy and then take it outside and give it to they guy who already works at that department and has access to the same database.

eg2505

Honorary Master
learned one thing today, DONT fall for this renewal on the FNB app,

does it seriously take this long? @Toxxyc
why? do they send a Pigeon to fly to you with the disk tied to its leg?
and if the Pigeon gets eaten by a Hawk, tough?

take the time go to the Post office and do it yourself,
lesson learned I guess,

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
CPT finally approved me being able to pay mine - I applied early in September, then again in October, and again in November. I still don't get that you need to apply to be able to pay it. Crazy - just take my money people!

They don't give you a ton of time to pay either - got the notice today, told to pay today.

Thank you for contacting the City of Cape Town.
Your Motor Vehicle Licence Renewal has been approved for the following vehicles:

XXXXX

The total amount due is:R714.00

When you make payment, please use the following reference number: XXXX

The payment must be made today 09 December 2020

supersunbird

Honorary Master
If a local post office does license disk renewals (thus not at all if in Western Cape), go in on https://online.natis.gov.za/#/E1D2, download notice (it will appear 2 months before expiry) and double sided print it and go do it at said post office.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I went to the licensing department (Bedfordview) and I got my son's license disc (using the renewal notice) but they won't let me renew the two company vehicles because they say I need the eNatis document (not just the number which I had already) that shows the traffic registration number for the company. I didn't receive renewal notices for the two company vehicles this year for some reason. I told the guy to just print a copy of the vehicle register document from his eNatis computer because it's on there already. Note I had a permission letter from my company as well as our company registration documents and proof of address. He didn't think that was funny. It's like going to the bank to get a print out of your bank account and they ask you for a letter from the bank proving you own that bank account. /Facepalm! So now I have to go inside the same licensing department and ask them to print a copy and then take it outside and give it to they guy who already works at that department and has access to the same database.

There is a business option on that link I posted:

1607508652829.png

krycor

Honorary Master
I did mine about a week ago ... also keep saying delayed.

I wasn't stressed because of the 21 day grace, but it seems I may go over that now

When i started spouses one and mine, hers was 3 weeks prior (if u start a month prior they, traffic dept, love to penalize you and move your due date a month earlier). <-- actually think this needs to be taken up as with delays you easily go over simply due to delays in the system.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
CPT finally approved me being able to pay mine - I applied early in September, then again in October, and again in November. I still don't get that you need to apply to be able to pay it. Crazy - just take my money people!

They don't give you a ton of time to pay either - got the notice today, told to pay today.
That sucks. I applied for mine on the 30th of October (expired on November 30th), and received the approval for payment today - payment to be made before 21st of December.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
That sucks. I applied for mine on the 30th of October (expired on November 30th), and received the approval for payment today - payment to be made before 21st of December.
The queue's for doing it "manually" at the DLC are still crazy, so thats not an option at the moment.
Thankfully thats the last one i need to do till mid next year.

Arex

I applied for the disk renewal with FNB around the 15th, waited 2 weeks and suddenly they refunded the whole fee back to me, don't know the reason so I just went to the post office to do it the normal way.