Local equivalent of mail2web.com for email access when capped

bekdik

Honorary Master
Anybody know of a local site offering pop3 access as does mail2web.com, but which can be accessed when capped?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
set up a gmail account...

I have my gmail set to forward everything to my webafrica account. Then in the e-mail client settings I have my gmail specified as the default reply-to address.

That way I can check my gmail anytime I am on international or away from my own PC. But when I am on local only then I use my e-mail client to check my webafrica (which has the added bonus of backing up everything on my gmail to a computer).

bekdik

Honorary Master
@gary thanks, but unfortunately that option won't work for me.

d7e7r7

Executive Member
Anybody know of a local site offering pop3 access as does mail2web.com, but which can be accessed when capped?

did you find anyone eventually?? also need something like this...

czc

Honorary Master
I'm not sure if this is it but I use highveldmail for my local mail needs.

cavedog

Honorary Master

Get a MTN or Vodacom sim.

I suggest you use vodacom they give you a 1GB mailbox free
MTN is but a meare 10mb mailbox.

Both has SMS notification free. Every email you get you get a SMS or 1 SMS a day saying how many unread emails you have.

Pretty decent service since most people contract/pay as you go use MTN or vodacom!
You will have full access to their pop3/imap4 server.

However you won't be able to use smtp.mtn.co.za or smstp.vodamail.co.za if you are not connecting with them. So just use smtp.is.co.za or smtp.saix.net

Last edited:

bekdik

Honorary Master
Get a MTN or Vodacom sim.

I suggest you use vodacom they give you a 1GB mailbox free
MTN is but a meare 10mb mailbox.

Both has SMS notification free. Every email you get you get a SMS or 1 SMS a day saying how many unread emails you have.

Pretty decent service since most people contract/pay as you go use MTN or vodacom!
You will have full access to their pop3/imap4 server.

However you won't be able to use smtp.mtn.co.za or smstp.vodamail.co.za if you are not connecting with them. So just use smtp.is.co.za or smtp.saix.net

Thanks, but buying bandwidth doesn't really answer me original question :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks, but buying bandwidth doesn't really answer me original question :)

I'm not sure what you mean. Its all local. You will be able to use pop3 access with any adsl local only account. And the email is free if you have a vodacom or MTN sim.

Not needed to buy bandwidth. I use a 1GB prepaid loca so I can atleast access my email.

Incomming mail server: pop3.vodamail.co.za
Outgoing mail server: smtp.is.co.za

You will be lucky to find a local email service that allow access to their smtp server from any account.

d7e7r7

Executive Member
I'm not sure what you mean. Its all local. You will be able to use pop3 access with any adsl local only account. And the email is free if you have a vodacom or MTN sim.

Not needed to buy bandwidth. I use a 1GB prepaid loca so I can atleast access my email.

Incomming mail server: pop3.vodamail.co.za
Outgoing mail server: smtp.is.co.za

You will be lucky to find a local email service that allow access to their smtp server from any account.

he is lucky... i gave him the link, lol... read up :D