Looking for a new cheap news server.

I'm almost done with my second 90 day subscription to UsenetBucket, I've used them for 210 days at the end of this cycle and not one single failed download or login issue in 7 months.

My referral code if you should choose to use them.

I already have an account (tried a 15 day trial last year).
 
I need to start using the News sites again, I will try out the Nextgennews

Who do you use as your index site?
 
im on sunny usenet about 130 for an annual subscription. 600 days retention I think but I got a backup block with netgennews recently so im covered.
 
im on sunny usenet about 130 for an annual subscription. 600 days retention I think but I got a backup block with netgennews recently so im covered.

just looked at the pricing and yea it is good.
I'll maybe give them a go in a month as I want to see how usenetbucket does as well.
 
Same here. The issue is with Nextgennews. I'm with WA and have no speed issues when downloading from IS news server.

This is really messing me around as I am currently ripping quite old stuff.

Using usenetbucket account now and speeds went up dramatically. So definitely a problem with nextgennews.
 
Using usenetbucket account now and speeds went up dramatically. So definitely a problem with nextgennews.

I wonder when they are going respond to my ticket and/or get this sorted? This is a paid for service and I would like to get some service.

Will give Usenetbucket a go tonight as well.
 
I wonder when they are going respond to my ticket and/or get this sorted? This is a paid for service and I would like to get some service.

Will give Usenetbucket a go tonight as well.

Did not get a response as yet myself so not too impressed, they are usually excellent with support. In any case I ended up paying just over R100 for 120 day subs through usenetbucket so I'll use them for the next 4 months.
 
Just registered with Usenetbucket and all I can say is: WTF?!?!

I thought this was a newserver I could set up in my nsb downloader like I did with Nextgennews? What is this Binreader etc or am I missing the point here?

Nevermind......I was stooopid.
 
Last edited:
Can not find paypal option on usenetbucket

Ah, that sucks. See it's been removed.

Just used it a few weeks ago:

Screenshot%202015-04-14%2016.09.50.png
 
I usually have about 20 errors per day - authentication issues - on my sabnzbd using nextgennews. Have not had one yet. If it stays this way I'm switching over permanently to usenetbucket
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X