nster101

Hi all, I am new here. Just wondering if anyone could help me with sourcing cellphone parts such as screens and batteries. I recently learned how to repair some devices, and my family and friends would like it if I could fix their phones at a low cost. However, I am having troube finding reputable / high quality parts anywhere online. Could anybody help?

Mods pls delete / move if against rules.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Most of the Chinese sites have parts. They are prices that it is worth tinkering. Batteries are the problem. They are cheap on the Chinese stores but delivery is a problem (airlines hate batteries) and you can wait 2 to 3 months to get them.

Raaz1zn

Why not approach Pakistani repair guys in your CBD?

Here in dbn we have plenty. Would assume the same of other cities.

Parts are cheap and no delivery issues as you buy it over the counter.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Hi all, I am new here. Just wondering if anyone could help me with sourcing cellphone parts such as screens and batteries. I recently learned how to repair some devices, and my family and friends would like it if I could fix their phones at a low cost. However, I am having troube finding reputable / high quality parts anywhere online. Could anybody help?

Mods pls delete / move if against rules.

Just Google aliexpress. They are China based and are the express part of the Alibaba group, which have a massive online presence, similar to eBay. Aliexpress send seamail, so if you want things fast, get a postbox-courier Hong Kong address and have your orders sent there to be couriered to here.
Word of warning, batteries must always go sea mail. If you send batteries to your HK address they will not accept.
Aliexpress has their 11 11 sale coming up, similar to Black Friday in the States, so wait until then and get some good bargains.
Oh, talking of Black Friday - postbox-courier also give you a USA address, so you can act like an American on eBay and get good deals only available to USA residents. All you do is enter the USA address as your default address through settings / addresses on the eBay app and you're good to go.
So, what you need to Google is aliexpress and postbox-courier. Also Google aramexglobalshopper
I prefer Aramex Global Shopper over postbox-courier as shipping for anything under 500g is only R195, but they charge an amount to join.
Have fun!

nster101

Just Google aliexpress. They are China based and are the express part of the Alibaba group, which have a massive online presence, similar to eBay. Aliexpress send seamail, so if you want things fast, get a postbox-courier Hong Kong address and have your orders sent there to be couriered to here.
Word of warning, batteries must always go sea mail. If you send batteries to your HK address they will not accept.
Aliexpress has their 11 11 sale coming up, similar to Black Friday in the States, so wait until then and get some good bargains.
Oh, talking of Black Friday - postbox-courier also give you a USA address, so you can act like an American on eBay and get good deals only available to USA residents. All you do is enter the USA address as your default address through settings / addresses on the eBay app and you're good to go.
So, what you need to Google is aliexpress and postbox-courier. Also Google aramexglobalshopper
I prefer Aramex Global Shopper over postbox-courier as shipping for anything under 500g is only R195, but they charge an amount to join.
Have fun!

Thanks. I had a problem with aliexpress, in that they blocked every card that i tried to make a payment with. I used the virtual card provided by the Standard Bank Shyft app, which work everywhere except aliexpress.

Also, what kind of import fees will I be charged through Aramex Global Shopper?

nster101

Why not approach Pakistani repair guys in your CBD?

Here in dbn we have plenty. Would assume the same of other cities.

Parts are cheap and no delivery issues as you buy it over the counter.

Most of them are unwilling to sell parts without doing the repair themselves.

nster101

Thanks everyone so far, it seem like Raru is the best bet. I have signed up for Aramex global shopper in case, but at the price offered, $25 for a single screen, the total price incl customs tends to be equal to the price given by Raru.
Also, it seem that online reviews dictate I avoid zasstra at all costs

RedViking

Nord of the South
Thanks everyone so far, it seem like Raru is the best bet. I have signed up for Aramex global shopper in case, but at the price offered, $25 for a single screen, the total price incl customs tends to be equal to the price given by Raru.
Also, it seem that online reviews dictate I avoid zasstra at all costs
I have used Zasttra to fixed two different phones with no issues. Used snail mail and receive the parts within 4 weeks. Will definitely use them again.

My AliExpress & Banggood stuff usually takes 2-3 months.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Also, what kind of import fees will I be charged through Aramex Global Shopper?
The same as any other delivery service. It all depends on the SARS guys. They seem to have no pattern as to how duty is assigned. I'm luck that most times I pay nothing. The only difference is, when duty is due, how much the delivery company asked as an admin fee.

nster101

The same as any other delivery service. It all depends on the SARS guys. They seem to have no pattern as to how duty is assigned. I'm luck that most times I pay nothing. The only difference is, when duty is due, how much the delivery company asked as an admin fee.
I'm sure the duty is due to how Aramex labels your shipment. I just ordered an ifixit kit from Amazon which has been detained by customs because Aramex labelled it as a first aid kit, which has special import policies due to it being classified as a "hazardous material." I'm sure people have been forced to pay duties on computers and electronics, which are actually supposed to be duty free, due to Aramex.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Geekbuying often labels stuff like phones as "gadgets" and they sail through.

absynth

Expert Member
I have used Zasttra to fixed two different phones with no issues. Used snail mail and receive the parts within 4 weeks. Will definitely use them again.

Agreed, Never had an issue with them and used them a few times.

Raru is the safest bet as it is guaranteed that you will receive your order.