Loom Insurance for Smart Devices

travcaine

Hi,

I am shopping for insurance for my devices, MacBook, iPhone and Apple Watch. To add them to my home contents is expensive, I came across Loom insurance and they are really cheap.

Their reviews online are good, but has anyone here used them before?

https://www.loom.co.za/about

mr_norris

Expert Member
They are a registered short term insurance provider, and FSP, so they look legit. Thanks for mentioning them because they are considerably cheaper than pineapple / granadilla.

Swa

Honorary Master
Separate insurance is usually more expensive. Yeah change your insurer. It shouldn't cost you a lot more to add devices to existing home and contents insurance. Even threatening to do so may get them to call you back with a better deal.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Just make sure the covers and terms are equal or better and the excess is reasonable.
These little insurers/underwriting managers tend to be very good at excluding covers without you being aware of it.

travcaine

Just make sure the covers and terms are equal or better and the excess is reasonable.
These little insurers/underwriting managers tend to be very good at excluding covers without you being aware of it.
Read through the terms, basically or the normal things. The excess is set at 15% of the claim value.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Santam.. want to charge around R400 for R16000 value. Loom, around R150 for same value.
That's insane. I have a bicycle covered for all risks at R75k (as one example) with Oakhurst And I only pay R341 with a R500 excess. Bundled with household contents and other all risks stuff of course.

Swoosh_za

I use loom, have my phone and macbook insured with them. Claimed for my iPhone X and it was settled within 2 days, can't complain and happy with the service.