M-Net's planned changes for 2011

Boerewors

As a stand alone channel, no. It's available as a program on m-net though.

The way I read it is that non DSTV Mnet users will not be able to get KTV anymore either, which is pretty sad. To get kids programming you have to get DSTV.

R13...

Honorary Master
The way I read it is that non DSTV Mnet users will not be able to get KTV anymore either, which is pretty sad. To get kids programming you have to get DSTV.
The current KTV block will fall away for both terrestrial and satellite viewers
Not sure what block they be talking about.

MR.C

Expert Member
Am I misinterpreting, or is KTV no more?

*sad face*

Remember WOWSER ? One of my favourite all time cartoons. Oh, and Esta Terreblanche, she was Bienkie in Egoli and now she's a star in a US soapie, thanks to K-TV.
Those were the days, young & free and fun, now we all have to bloody work, hard.

DeathStrike

Expert Member
Great so now i get to watch the same movies and tv series repeating themselves over and over all day. Wonderful news.

Reddevil10

The current KTV block will fall away for both terrestrial and satellite viewers. “Our KTV audience has grown up..

Made a little nostalgic that line. I can still remember the good old days of the original power rangers and waking up early saturday mornings to watch digimon

Dell fan

Banned
So if your only subscribed to mnet would this mean that all sport like rugby would be removed from this channel?

nivek

Executive Member
So if your only subscribed to mnet would this mean that all sport like rugby would be removed from this channel?

No, it means the Mnet that is broadcast on DSTV is different the Mnet broadcast via analog
Your existing broadcast stays the same.. Sport just wont be duplicated on DSTV

Dell fan

Banned
No, it means the Mnet that is broadcast on DSTV is different the Mnet broadcast via analog
Your existing broadcast stays the same.. Sport just wont be duplicated on DSTV

oooo okay i see now thanx lol it confused me so much

Saajid

Expert Member
Do people still have MNET-only decoders? I thought everyone upgraded to DSTV? Is it still possible to buy a MNET decoder and subscription? How much does it cost and what do you get?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
Do people still have MNET-only decoders? I thought everyone upgraded to DSTV? Is it still possible to buy a MNET decoder and subscription? How much does it cost and what do you get?

I remember reading that there are still +- 115000 Mnet analogue subscribers.
I dont think they still sell Mnet decoders now, but this may change when DTT settles in. The cost of Mnet only is above the price of DStv compact, R280 if I remember correctly and you get Mnet only.