Last edited:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Can't send any mails this morning :(

anybody else?
Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 421 Cannot connect to SMT
Hi DTBA

Are you still not able to send any emails?

^NZ

v3n0m0uS

Switch to Gmail?
Yes. Sure. Let me just change our hosting domain to gmail, send out numerous emails to notify our clients that we're switching email address cause an SMTP isn't working.

Great idea, why didn't I think of this.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Yes. Sure. Let me just change our hosting domain to gmail, send out numerous emails to notify our clients that we're switching email address cause an SMTP isn't working.

Great idea, why didn't I think of this.
You know the best thing to do when you made a mistake, is to not continue doing it...

I really wonder how people run businesses from such telkomsa.net or cmobile.co.za accounts, I mean an Afrihost Silver Linux web hosting package with 50 email accounts is R39/month and you get to use your own domain. Unless you are some garden service, I wouldn't want to do business with a someone that has a telkomsa.net or cmobile.co.za account.

You can take me as a troll, or consider this as a long term goal for your business because the cost/benefit tradeoff is just a no brainer for me.

v3n0m0uS

You know the best thing to do when you made a mistake, is to not continue doing it...

I really wonder how people run businesses from such telkomsa.net or cmobile.co.za accounts, I mean an Afrihost Silver Linux web hosting package with 50 email accounts is R39/month and you get to use your own domain. Unless you are some garden service, I wouldn't want to do business with a someone that has a telkomsa.net or cmobile.co.za account.

You can take me as a troll, or consider this as a long term goal for your business because the cost/benefit tradeoff is just a no brainer for me.
Not using either of the domain's you mentioned. The server we're using, doesn't have its own smtp anymore, hence we used CellC's smtp. It worked fine up until a week ago. Unless CellC responds as to why it's down, we'll use a relay server.

I 100% understand your reasoning, though, it's not our personal email we're having a problem with, but a clients. Having them to change domain, because of something like this?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Having the same problem as OP. Unable to send mails and can't ping the smtp server either.
Hi v3n0m0uS

Please try the below settings and advise if the problem still persists.

Outgoing mail server

SMTP server = mail.cmobile.co.za

Security Type = disabled/None

Port = 25

Outgoing server requires authentication = disabled/unticked

Details:

SMTP server must be set to mail.cmobiile.co.za

Security type must be disabled or set to None

Port must be set to 25

Outgoing server requires authentication must be disabled or unticked if checkbox is present.

Note

If mail.cmobile.co.za doesn’t work please, try smtp.cmobile.co.za.

^NZ

v3n0m0uS

Hi v3n0m0uS

Please try the below settings and advise if the problem still persists.

Outgoing mail server

SMTP server = mail.cmobile.co.za

Security Type = disabled/None

Port = 25

Outgoing server requires authentication = disabled/unticked

Details:

SMTP server must be set to mail.cmobiile.co.za

Security type must be disabled or set to None

Port must be set to 25

Outgoing server requires authentication must be disabled or unticked if checkbox is present.

Note

If mail.cmobile.co.za doesn’t work please, try smtp.cmobile.co.za.

^NZ
We've tried these settings, still not working, getting the following error:

"Send test email message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
We've tried these settings, still not working, getting the following error:

"Send test email message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."
Have you tried smtp.cmobile.co.za?

^NZ

Bel1nd@

Did you manage to get this sorted with cell c? What did you do to fix it?
I’ve had the same issue for 2 weeks, no one at cell c technical has been able to help me, they just keep giving me the same smtps which I have already tried.
My outgoing emails work fine with my cell c 3g, but not with my cell c fibre.

v3n0m0uS

Did you manage to get this sorted with cell c? What did you do to fix it?
I’ve had the same issue for 2 weeks, no one at cell c technical has been able to help me, they just keep giving me the same smtps which I have already tried.
My outgoing emails work fine with my cell c 3g, but not with my cell c fibre.
We got it working with Afrihost's own smtp, over LTE. I don't know if it will help you, seeing as you're struggling on fibre, but change the smtp to "smtp.afrihost.com" and the outgoing port to 25.

Why not use your own Domain SMTP ?
We tried that as well, just keep getting an SMTP error, hence we wanted to use CellC's smtp, which clearly is out of order.