Major changes to Frogfoot's fibre network

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
More like major changes coming to Frogfoot users' choice of ISP.

Napalm

Expert Member
its a case of not increasing price.. but lower package so cost can stay the same. they should give clients the option before they just change stuff. via email or some newsletter.

very cheap move too. as fibre is getting cheaper as more people competing...

Reactions: Yuu

Swa

Honorary Master
Fibre providers have seriously lost the plot. They should be decreasing prices and not increasing them. And asymmetric is so last century. 5G will win out all because of this greed.

km2

Expert Member
This is a worse asymmetric ratio than even Openserve VDSL.

Guess they really want to avoid any cannibalisation of the symmetric market by making sure if you have any upload needs at all you have to go symmetric.

Napalm

Expert Member
I've only seen 4G+ sofar and even that is basically on-par with Fibre. When you start hitting above the 30mbit mark things just open up. Latency drops, more packets are sent.. so even if there's a packet loss here and there.. it's so quick that you don't really feel it. I can just imagine that 5G will be even faster and much higher speeds. More antenna's offering redundancy , because it's more feeds to the router. If a 1800mhz tower dies, it's still getting from the 2300mhz tower or 2100mhz tower or whatnot. Just adds more reliability and stability to the link and latency.

KingRat1

VOX is doing both changers as far as I understand it VOX controls Frogfoot.