Major problems for Cell C subscribers who moved to GloCell

cozinsky

Expert Member
Not a very good start for GloCell for its business reputation. Luckily it doesn't affect me - I don't deal with Cell C and I don't do contracts.

RichardG

Honorary Master
I wanted to join GloCell for the cruise ship offering but after reading their fb page decided against it.

sox63

Executive Member
Guess I am one of the lucky few not to have had any issues. Haven't had reason to call them at all

cavedog

Honorary Master
Massive problems. A couple of guys at work have their lines suspended due to "non payment" even though debit order from Altech went off.

0841234 GloCell they just don't answer. Hold the line for 4 hours on a company phone and the call just got dropped. 084140 refuses to help saying they are GloCell clients and needs to call 0841234 for GloCell support...

5 days later and the accounts are still suspended and there is no end in sight..... Feel sorry for anyone that was with Altech Cellc.....

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
And this is one reason to deal direct, and not use a middleman ~ no matter what tempting specials, offers or deals they bundle with the contract....

MrSnyders

I'm one of those who also had major issues. They decided to just remove all my saved up data and change my contract. Obviously, they then also decided to bill me for data usage that they shouldn't have charged.

I initially mentioned some issues I had in this thread. I have contacted Minette and got a call back as mentioned there, but no follow up yet regarding my data issue. I've also mailed "the CEO" (address is given with bill statement), but to no avail.

At the end of March, I requested a data available summary and got this:
Screenshot_2016-05-09-07-27-03.jpg
Quite a bit of data to use in April and May.

Now, after I was moved from Autopage to Glocell I got a message that said one of my bundles expired. I was on holiday (away from any wifi) and downloaded a few apps after I factory reset my phone. My estimate was ~1.5 - 1.7GB for the month. This was not of big concern as I knew (thought) I still had quite a bit left. When I tried to get a new balance statement, just said I had 0 mb left, but no option to send a detailed SMS stating this. I thought this was just a bug, so I mailed GloCell and never had a response.

Now, over the weekend, I received my April bill (for some reason only the summary and not my itemised bill was sent) and got quite the shock:
Cell Bill Snip 2.PNG
The highlighted portion shows that I'm still supposed to receive my 1 GB data per month (I signed up initially with a Autopage special StraightUp 100 with 1 GB data / month). Something that clearly never happened.

Now, for the next surprise... On the 9th of May I submitted my request for contract termination and was informed by the call centre agent (Shannon?) that it would take 30 days till cancellation. On the evening of the 13th I'm standing outside my friend's gate and try to call him to open up (intercom is broken), but I just get a recorded message "If you are on prepaid, please recharge airtime" and then a bunch of SMSes from CellC to welcome me to EasyChat prepaid (at this point I'm very glad that the Capitec app is zero rated).

At least now I can port to Vodacom and for once in 2 years have decent cell reception again - I really don't understand how CellC can claim they have the widest network coverage - have they been to PTA, JHB, the karoo or CPT any time recently?

cozinsky

Expert Member
At least now I can port to Vodacom and for once in 2 years have decent cell reception again - I really don't understand how CellC can claim they have the widest network coverage - have they been to PTA, JHB, the karoo or CPT any time recently?
You won't regret porting to Vodacom. If I can give you advice, go prepaid. Subscribe to the 79c per minute and buy your data in advance at half price. You will get access to the best network and you will actually save money. (And no bill shocks).

gazza v

I'm sceptical that the data charges appearing on my latest invoice are correct.....how can i go out of budnle to the tune of R1500 when i load once off bundles?

GeeJ

How about a follow up article on this mess? It is almost impossible to contact their call centre, you hold on forever and they will just cut you off or transfer you back to the queue. There is no apology forthcoming on their website or Facebook page. Glocell must have set a record for the company with the most complaints on Facebook and Hellopeter for a 3 month period since taking over Autopage Cell C customers. Where are their PR staff? Where is Cell C in this mess and how can Cell C allow that we are treated this way?

isalee

In 3 months I haven't been able to migrate to Cell C Pinnacle 1. The woman at my local Glocell shop has no control, is unable to say why it hasn't occurred, despite the fact that there has been a credit check etc and it's been approved. My phone bills are crazy because I can't monitor them like I used to with Autopage online and I can't solve this issue due to the inability to migrate to a better package for me. Their invoices are ridiculous - impossible to figure out how they reach these totals. I'd hoped to use the app to monitor usage but my app doesn't work (it says incorrect password, but this is wrong) and despite logging 2 complaints about this, no-one calls back. I'm desperate to go direct to Cell C. If anyone has been able to, please let me know. I feel like Autopage have dumped me with the worst service provider in the world. I'm a year away from my contract ending.

Totally unexceptable service from GloCell

As from the first day when our contract has been migrated from Altech Autophage to GloCell we had major problems.

As my daughter is studying and using this number for the last 11 years from when she was still in school we could only say good things about Altech Autophage's service but nowadays after the migration to GloCell we are so utterly disgusted with the bad service of Glocell.

They talk about increased Personnel to help with unnecessary delays in service but whenever we needed assistance we could not be assisted anyhow we only had to hold the line for sometime up to 40 minutes. After investigation from CellC's side we found that this number we used for the passed 11 years was issued to a person somewhere in the Eastern Cape and without any notification the Cell phone line was changed from a Smardata contract to an Easy chat because we did not upgrade in time which we also did not receive any communication for.

This service will be tarnishing CellC's good name.

Last edited: