Making it big in the crypto world

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Making it big in the crypto world

Luno is a tremendous South African success story. From its humble beginnings six years ago, it has grown to become a successful global cryptocurrency player with over 200 employees.

The company offers bitcoin storage and transaction services like buying, selling and paying through its bitcoin wallet services to over 2 million people in 40 countries.

Daruk

Honorary Master
HQ in Singapore, so a Singaporean company headed by a South African expat.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
Shame that you had to use Windows.
If it wasn't for Bill Gates investing in Apple all those years ago Mac might not exist today.

Swa

Honorary Master
Luno has become very expensive not just with cost but in lost opportunity as well. Their fees make it very illiquid so that the price can get stuck for days now as nobody wants to risk being the ones losing out.

Corelli

Imagine the Boltons running a company. Thats how Luno is run. Any wrong move and their staff is fed to the dogs. (Zero HR rules followed.) How mybroadband can suck up to this company makes me feel nauseous. Also they never paid over their Bitcoin gold to their clients let alone the other variations and cashed it for themself. I have only heard and been dealing with bad news from Luno. Lost lots of money with them. Not trades but due to their stuffups.

Last edited:

krycor

Honorary Master
I dunno.. the number of crypto exchange/interchange/markets is a lot. Most of the Fintech IT jobs you see in UK & NL seem to be like this so not surprised he started this once over there.