Making your home safer using Bluetooth technology

saor

Honorary Master
Nice advert, but...
I'd prefer an internet-based system.
If I'm away on holiday I can manually switch lights on/off, open the gate for a neighbor who needs to get in etc. Not sure why I'd want a mobile security solution to be basically tethered by bluetooth. Bluetooth should only really be a fail-safe switch-over for when a data connection isn't available or for when I'm in the vicinity.

Last edited:

beans100

Honorary Master
"Aiden Pearce" wannabe's will love this. Will make breaking into houses easier for tech minded thiefs. Heck, even non-tech minded thiefs know how to block remote locks and cell signals.
Also, people trust the installers too easy, too. Saw too many times how installers of security systems, have one of their workers leak codes or set a back door for easy disabling it.

For me, old fashion locks (read: no remote locks) and for security stuff, I have a friend I trust and I also taught myself how to install some of the stuff.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
"Aiden Pearce" wannabe's will love this. Will make breaking into houses easier for tech minded thiefs. Heck, even non-tech minded thiefs know how to block remote locks and cell signals.
Also, people trust the installers too easy, too. Saw too many times how installers of security systems, have one of their workers leak codes or set a back door for easy disabling it.

For me, old fashion locks (read: no remote locks) and for security stuff, I have a friend I trust and I also taught myself how to install some of the stuff.

The word you are looking for is thieves.