Massive taxi strike next month

Well in the case of Joburg the BRT should be running in certain areas by then - once people see that it works far better than taxis and that taxis are no longer providing a needed service, then perhaps we we might see an acceleration of the rollout of BRT

Oh and I normally avoid getting that involved in arguments around here, so I guess you've been told tons of times before - but calling people animals is just plain unhelpful from every perspective.
 
I forsee the new busses burnt by the end of the month.
 
I forsee the new busses burnt by the end of the month.

Sadly have to aggree.

Oh and I normally avoid getting that involved in arguments around here, so I guess you've been told tons of times before - but calling people animals is just plain unhelpful from every perspective.

If they behave like them, then call them as such. Actually an insult to animals as most won't destroy what is meant to help them.
 
as long as there are no taxi's on the road, last time it happened it was such a joy to drive on the roads.
 
as long as there are no taxi's on the road, last time it happened it was such a joy to drive on the roads.

where do you live?

When I was in PE strike time meant parked taxis in middle of highway causing KM's of blocked traffic and stone throwing:mad:
 
Pigs are nice animals. :erm:

Specially BAcon:p

The voted for a president who said BRT will not happen. I know they were stupid believing it but I would have been pissed too. But they were stupid enough to fall for the election scam.
 
My only concern is that these fools will actually succeed in halting progress. They throw tantrums and the government listens. Don't do it government. Send in the army and slap the biatches down.
 
Get out the tear gas and rubber bullets.....
 
Specially BAcon:p

The voted for a president who said BRT will not happen. I know they were stupid believing it but I would have been pissed too. But they were stupid enough to fall for the election scam.

Yeah, seems they misinterpreted what Zuma actually said

"I am proposing that we hold horses for now and we come back... if that's agreed then lets get back to business,"

"So instead of tension you should have discussions on how to make it better... come with ideas on how do we integrate taxis and bus services jointly with the government."

Taxi drivers have yet to come with ideas on integrating their business in it. Instead, they wanna run BRT. :D
 
my co-worker tells me BRT buses will go from soweto to town for R5, R2 less than taxis.

fat lady singing loud and clear now.
 
Last edited:
I don't mind at all, there was barely any traffic on the way to work the last time they went on strike :)
 
I heard that they want to challenge the brt in court on the basis of ' the taxis own the intellectual property being the taxi routes'.

Probably the only instance where taxis and intellectual can be mentioned in the same sentence.

There is however a showdown approaching and I've no idea which way it will go.

Will the authorities have the cajones to take them on once and for all - if so it's going to get messy.
 
Probably the only instance where taxis and intellectual can be mentioned in the same sentence.
Even that would be untrue because nobody owns a route. They certainly didn't pay for the piece of road along the route.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X