Members hit 5000

bwana v.3 said:
Perhaps I missed it but has there been an official announcement from rpm about this? I for one would like to know what my donations will be going towards. (NB I said will be as I fully intend to make a donation should it be for a worthy cause).
at this stage I have opened an account called campaign funds. It is up to RPM and the super mods to make a decision as to how best to use the money.
I recommend we utilise it by
1. running a full page ad in the sunday papers educating the masses inlaymans terms what the ICASA ruling is all about, what Telkom are doing, and what broadband inSA actually means
2. filling our coffers so that next time Telkom use their financial muscle to sway and manipulate public opinion, we are able to act immediately, or even pre-empt the situation instead of chasing around and having to react because we dont have the financial wherewith all to respond in kind.

For security sake, the account is opened in my name as MyADSL with no cheque book, no cards, no access to funds other than an online transfer. This leaves a clear audit trail of deposits and disbursements and no disbursements can be made from the account without the express instruction from RPM.

Hope this suits. There really was no other way to get the ball rolling fast than to do it this way.
 
As one of the relatively new memebers I'd just like to say thanks to all those who carried the fight this far.

While it's needed as such now, I look forward to the day when this board will be about discussing things like how to use 100Gb of free bandwidth @ 12Mbps, and not just a place to vent our anger at Telkom.

I can dream if I want to ;)
 
Member number 5400!!!!

OK, so I missed 5200 and 5300. I was too slow ok. :rolleyes:

Hello to member number 5400: flubbe

*hands flubbe an anti-tibby and -slim flame suite*

You might need this. ;) :D

*EDIT*

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stupid ic beat me to it by 4 minutes: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost.php?p=278626&postcount=157
Bastid :p
 
Last edited:
Im

LOL

guys have managed to inform ppl of myadsl through the channel on za.shadowfire.org
#myadsl.co.za


gotten already about 10+ people to sign up

the more we have here the more ppl we can get to
 
Not to be a party pooper but how does one "unregister" from a forum.
Its all very well saying strength in numbers, but how can you accurately claim X membership when one cannot 'resign' so to speak should one be disatisfied for what a forum stands for.
Surely thats more like a dictatership rather than a democracy.
Just a thought :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X