Metrofibre reprovisioning turnaround time

jonathanj

Hello!

Metrofibre are just about done with fibre installation in my complex, I understand there's some kind of exclusivity agreement for the first 2 months.

Unfortunately the ISP selected for exclusivity is quite a bit pricier than the options I'd have 2 months down the line. If I opted to go with the exclusive ISP for the first couple of months, what is the turnaround time for reprovisioning the line so I could switch to another ISP?

(Someone mentioned to me that for Vumatel it's a matter of minutes.)

Thanks!

chunk10

Banned
Hello!

Metrofibre are just about done with fibre installation in my complex, I understand there's some kind of exclusivity agreement for the first 2 months.

Unfortunately the ISP selected for exclusivity is quite a bit pricier than the options I'd have 2 months down the line. If I opted to go with the exclusive ISP for the first couple of months, what is the turnaround time for reprovisioning the line so I could switch to another ISP?

(Someone mentioned to me that for Vumatel it's a matter of minutes.)

Thanks!

What complex are you in? Metrofibre will start installation in my complex in September, from my understanding Metrofibre requests that for the first 3 months you use them as an ISP to "stabilise the line' then after that you can use an ISP provisioned on their network.

But i also want to know how long it will take.