MicroSIM woes

astrauss

The speaker (on the front where you put your ear) on my iPhone4 decided to die on me. Vodacom normally takes 7-10 working days before you get your iPhone back. Normally this would not bother me too much as I have spare phones around the house. This time though I don't have anything that will accept the microSIM of the iPhone4.

Any advice out there?

sburrell

If you have an old simcard lying around, cut out the chip portion of the sim card, into roughly the same size if not slightly bigger than that of your micro sim. You now have a basic template holder for your micro sim, slip it into the middle and place into a normal cellphone.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
You could buy an adapter, I read on MyBB someone got one from the Vodashop in Fourways Mall (dunno where you are) or you could try you local one. Also check on BidorBuy as there are adapters there, dunno if they are locally supplied though. Hope you get sorted out.

dinkd

i had the same problem with mine. took my iphone in for repairs.. ok i am with mtn.. but if you complain enough they should do a sim swap for free. MTN did it for me. i just have to keep the micro sim so they can reactivate it when my phone comes back.

bboy

Expert Member
vodacom should give u a phone to use temporarily, when they hand u some ark age device like an samsung d500, ask them how the hell your sim is supposed to work in that, then its their problem and will probly do a sim swap for free

astrauss

Thanks for all the tips.

I'll swing by VodaWorld on the way home and report back tonight.

astrauss

I popped in at VodaCare, VodaWorld around 16:30 yesterday. No queue, so I was served immediately. The phone was booked in and reponse will take 7-14 days (this we knew beforehand). I politely asked what I was supposed to do with the microSIM for the period they had my phone. They then loaned me SIM adapter. They also offered to loan me a basic phone, but I have my own to use.

The whole process took all of 5 minutes. I'm quite impressed with the service even though my beloved iPhone 4 has let me down.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
The whole process took all of 5 minutes. I'm quite impressed with the service even though my beloved iPhone 4 has let me down.

Glad to hear you got sorted out, pretty good services, just hope it is indeed 7-14days. Out of curiosity what happened to the iPhone4 - just so us other owners know what is happening to other people's phones incase ....

astrauss

Glad to hear you got sorted out, pretty good services, just hope it is indeed 7-14days. Out of curiosity what happened to the iPhone4 - just so us other owners know what is happening to other people's phones incase ....

See the first post in this (short) thread.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
See the first post in this (short) thread.

Doh - now why didn't I see that earlier - I did read the 1st post ... maybe was before my coffee as was at 7:23am - sorry to be doff. Let me go slink back into my corner in embarrassment. Hee hee

bboy

Expert Member
i had the same issue one mine, front speaker stopped working, think i got a replacement phone bout 6 days later

dinkd

you lucky.. i had the same problem.. microphone intermittently stops working.. looks to be the proximity problem.. sent it in on monday.. today they phone and say they found nothing wrong and have just upgraded the firmware.. sigh

astrauss

Doh - now why didn't I see that earlier - I did read the 1st post ... maybe was before my coffee as was at 7:23am - sorry to be doff. Let me go slink back into my corner in embarrassment. Hee hee

No worries

astrauss

Got a brand spanking new replacement iPhone4 today.

Thanks VC for good service this time round!