Microsoft adding ability to delete more built-in Windows 10 apps

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Yeah this is good, I dislike bloatware. Not all the built-in apps are bad but some are, especially the games.

<rant>
Also I generally dislike the MS store concept, it is so convoluted, if it were more organised and intuitive I would make more use of it. But then I guess one could argue that if I made more use of it then I would get used to it. Meh!

Also, I think there is a move to make apps available via the store only. Like iTunes is only available for download via the MS Store and that version is slow, takes forever to startup at times. :thumbsdown:
</rant>

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Great! Make it so I can delete Edge as its not saving it's settings even when run as administrator.

Reactions: OCP

Vice

Expert Member
Windows is now becoming one bloated virus-ware. If one can't harden to bare modules, then it's probably not worth it anymore.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
No, it isn't. What are you smoking?
No it isn't only available for download from MS store, or no that version is not slow to launch?

When I went to download a copy a few months back I found that the download link on Apple's website was a link that took you to the MS Store:

1540100610120.png

At the time I googled ways to get the stand-alone installer but I did not find any solution. Today after your response and when trying to prove my point I found an article that showed you can get the stand-alone installer.

So I stand to be corrected on that point.

Thank you @supersunbird , you helped me find the way. :thumbsup:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
No it isn't only available for download from MS store, or no that version is not slow to launch?

When I went to download a copy a few months back I found that the download link on Apple's website was a link that took you to the MS Store:

View attachment 567669

At the time I googled ways to get the stand-alone installer but I did not find any solution. Today after your response and when trying to prove my point I found an article that showed you can get the stand-alone installer.

So I stand to be corrected on that point.

Thank you @supersunbird , you helped me find the way. :thumbsup:
It is a bit sneaky and not self evident, but I think one can only blame Apple for that.