Microsoft: Counterfeit software will delete your Facebook account

ActivateD

Expert Member
Never laughed at a headline as much as I laughed at this one. Is Facebook really all that important in peoples lives that losing it will mean the end of your life.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
Really, has anyone in the know ever, seriously ever, used their Technical Support? I remeber the days of the very first Windows and have dealt with every version ever since. Have never had to deal with anyone from MS.[.

About to raise the very same point, all I've ever phoned MS for is to activate Windows.....I guess pirated software saves you that phone call.

Antonf

Expert Member
Guess the dontf@ckit website was designed by Vodacom's designers.... It doesn't work properly if you block flash.

EPIC FAIL

Flipside

oh noes! not the facebook! "Microsoft goes on to say that pirated software has a higher total cost of ownership" huh? My copy hasn't cost me a sent to date.

This sounded very familiar and I found myself looking for the line that read: "Depost x amount into this nigerian bank account...."

davemc

Executive Member
Liars, purchasing software has never given you anything of the kind. In fact the EULAs you agree to explicitly exempts the software from any warranty of any kind.
*applawse*
Now, closely examine what Microsoft South Africa calls support.

Back on topic, I wonder which FB account of mine MS would delete.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
You're not nice - you broke many hearts...

Don't be sad, Antonf, I'm pretty sure this is a Microsoft campaign.

The company that owns the dontfakeit.co.za domain is ITNT ("In The Net Technologies"), a new media company.

Bismuth

Expert Member
I'm glad the site agreed my Ubuntu install was genuine ;)

I downloaded mine from the Internet and burnt it to a DVD, then installed it.... better not try to "validate" my copy of Ubuntu!

:D

B

cyberbob1979

Expert Member
Well, I suppose the 500 million Facebook users will be running scared to their local software shops to get a legal copy of Windows 7 now... I'm just going to check Microsoft Financials to see if there is a sudden surge in sales soon (tm)

_Mikie_

Microsoft please inform me on how exactly you are gonna delete my account without my password? I mean if you have a way of getting my password please do share it..

davemc

Executive Member
Microsoft please inform me on how exactly you are gonna delete my account without my password? I mean if you have a way of getting my password please do share it..
Microsoft Marketer: We control your keyboard numbnuts. :D

The Door

Honorary Master
When selecting “genuine” you're prompted to install an Adobe Air application which, after some clicking, starts playing a video of Prime Circle's song “Breathing.”
So the message is use Adobe air for your rich internet multimedia, not Silverlight cos it's an M$ product, and you never know, it might be fake. :D

Don't microsoft realize that they are creating a culture of paranoia around their software? It's so insecure, that if you really aren't sure (and most people can't be sure), you are likely about to infect the world with a deadly virus.

The Door

Honorary Master
I downloaded mine from the Internet and burnt it to a DVD, then installed it.... better not try to "validate" my copy of Ubuntu!

:D

B

Oh, I did that with one or two copies of my Windoze too.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
What a pile of crud! How can it possibly delete your account.

uduwar

Dodo's

Dhhooom on you, Dhooom on you... oh there goes our last female!

Cat011

They are called keyloggers

Alternatively they will just use your cached password because you told Windows to remember your password.

So yes it is feasible

Still a horrible campaign that's just asking to be ridiculed.