Microsoft Office 365

Chris Kotzee

I really regret to do this but as a customer for some years of MWEB I am very disappointed in the service that I got the last week from MWEB.

I have applied online for a new subscription of Microsoft Office 365 as my previous version is about to expire on 25 MAY 2016. After I have done the online application I called MWEB last week and did not receive my licence key yet.

This week I called 3 times which 2 calls was today 24 May 2016. Two sales cunsultants told me today that they will escalate this matter to sales managers and that I will receive a mail from them containing the serial code for Office 365.

This is totally unacceptable service and will go to the Media as this is POOR service if not rectified as soon as possible.

Chris Kotzee

czc

Honorary Master
So the issue is with Mweb and not Microsoft?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Why not do it direct? Just log in to your Microsoft account and buy. It's immediately available.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Why not do it direct? Just log in to your Microsoft account and buy. It's immediately available.

Exactly. I pay for mine on a monthly debit order ... works out a little more expensive, but I can't bring myself to just spend R900 on Microsoft Office yet (I haven't always paid that much for it before *koff koff*).

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Exactly. I pay for mine on a monthly debit order ... works out a little more expensive, but I can't bring myself to just spend R900 on Microsoft Office yet (I haven't always paid that much for it before *koff koff*).

Personally I opted for a HP Stream 7 with Office 365, activated it and moved install to my PC. Installed Excel & Word mobile on the tablet So I basicly scored a free Year :)

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Personally I opted for a HP Stream 7 with Office 365, activated it and moved install to my PC. Installed Excel & Word mobile on the tablet So I basicly scored a free Year :)

Lol, whatever works man. For me it's a big benefit, because you get to install it on five devices, so I've got it on my and my wife's laptops and also on my cellphone and my tablet ... heck, I don't even have a fifth device I could bother putting it onto. The best part though is you get a whack of extra One Drive storage space (which I prefer using over Google Drive), so everything I have is seamlessly synchronised. It's the future, duuuuuude.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
If you guys still have access to your university email accounts, you'll probably have a free sub :whistling:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yawn Google Drive is free. Music goes on Google play. Photos on Google Photos and videos on Youtube. Books also on Google play. Docs goes to Google drive. 19gb is more than enough for mails, docs, pdfs and whatsapp backups.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Yawn Google Drive is free. Music goes on Google play. Photos on Google Photos and videos on Youtube. Books also on Google play. Docs goes to Google drive. 19gb is more than enough for mails, docs, pdfs and whatsapp backups.
Sure. If it works for you, great. Do what works for you. And recognise that others have different needs, priorities, interests and concerns.

Personally, I aim to keep out of the Google ecosystem as far as possible. Google is first and foremost an advertising company, with >90% of its revenues coming from adverts. They provide you with all these 'free' platforms and services for one reason: so that they can comb through your data and sell your profiled eyes to advertisers. I find that creepy. But if it works for you, great. Enjoy and rejoice.

I prefer buying software from companies that make their money from selling software. It's a straighter deal for me, for all the obvious reasons.

Last edited:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Sure. If it works for you, great. Do what works for you. And recognise that others have different needs, priorities, interests and concerns.

Personally, I aim to keep out of the Google ecosystem as far as possible. Google is first and foremost an advertising company, with >90% of its revenues coming from adverts. They provide you with all these 'free' platforms and services for one reason: so that they can comb through your data and sell your profiled eyes to advertisers. I find that creepy. But if it works for you, great. Enjoy and rejoice.

I prefer buying software from companies that make their money from selling software. It's a straighter deal for me, for all the obvious reasons.
I'm 100% sure MS would also be into advertising if they were able to get it right but like all resent acquisitions they failed. I also see ads on my start menu and it will get more when Win 10 Anniversary Update comes.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
For me it's a big benefit, because you get to install it on five devices,

More than 5 from my experience. I have it installed on 3 desktops, 2 laptops and 4 tablets. Pretty sure I still have one invite left. I even phoned Microsoft to inquire about this and they confirmed I have not done anything illegally. Confused, but also quite chuffed. That equates to something like R122/year/license.