Microsoft postpones Office price increases

Ivanr

Expert Member
Microsoft postpones Office price increases

Microsoft has informed its Office subscribers that its planned price increase, which was set to kick in on 19 February 2020, has been postponed until 26 March 2020.

The annual subscription fee for Office 365 Personal will be increased from R899 to R999. It will also be available at a monthly rate of R99.
@Jamie McKane - Just for public interest sake. After contacting Microsoft 365 Support today finding out that this Email/Message from Ms was infact a PHISING message containing a PHISHING Account Link. These prices have NOT changed. Please notify all by an follow up article.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
@Jamie McKane - Just for public interest sake. After contacting Microsoft 365 Support today finding out that this Email/Message from Ms was infact a PHISING message containing a PHISHING Account Link. These prices have NOT changed. Please notify all by an follow up article.
The ROE have done enough damage as it is...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
@MightyQuin - What is a ROE please, tried Google for a answer please.
Rate Of Exchange...i.e. ZAR vs. USD

My monthly O365 bill as a VAR went up from R35k to R48k and now I need to explain to all my clients.

Some of them have R26k per month O365 bills with us.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@MightyQuin @Jamie McKane - Just to clarify, the O365 Home & Personal have not increased from R119 to R139/Personal pricing unknown. The info email from Ms in Feb 2020 informing of this price change contained a Phishing link to Microsoft Account page, thus if any payment methods were changed there the criminals would have access to your banking details and Microsoft account.
Jamie Mckane should put out to all this info and check details before publishing any news item. Cavit Emptor firstly.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
@MightyQuin @Jamie McKane - Just to clarify, the O365 Home & Personal have not increased from R119 to R139/Personal pricing unknown. The info email from Ms in Feb 2020 informing of this price change contained a Phishing link to Microsoft Account page, thus if any payment methods were changed there the criminals would have access to your banking details and Microsoft account.
Jamie Mckane should put out to all this info and check details before publishing any news item. Cavit Emptor firstly.
Looks legit to me...

1587477666462.png