Microsoft Surface tablet PC still unconfirmed for SA

markings

Expert Member
It still isn’t clear when, or even if, Microsoft will launch its Surface tablet PC in South Africa
.... but they are excited about the devices available locally.

Whose? iWhatever, Android?

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Why in this day and age would a company not market it's flagship products everywhere at once? This is stupid. Screw you MS. Surface is old news already. If they don't want to come punt their old ****e here then good riddance.

upup

Executive Member
a friend of mine got one, someone send it to him. His is happy with it.

F

Fudzy

a friend of mine got one, someone send it to him. His is happy with it.
Party still going?

I think the poor sales results of the RT might have MS questioning whether it woukd be worthwhile bringing it in.

bullzeye.za

Expert Member
Huh? Esquire sells the RT tablet, but not the Pro as yet. Surely some retail stores stock them from Esquire then?

F

Fudzy

Huh? Esquire sells the RT tablet, but not the Pro as yet. Surely some retail stores stock them from Esquire then?
Esquire are bringing them in themselves AFAIK. Like the Nexus 4. Retail outlets would rely on official distributor channels.

Joe Average

To be honest - MicrosoftSA's service is shocking - always lagging the international MS markets. Why don't we have any MS Stores in SA ?

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Microsoft: Druk daai ding in julle gatte op ... ons soek nie julle gemors hier nie.

Put this into Google Translator and have fun ...

(Pressure that thing in your butts ... We seek not your mess here.)
(When translated back to Afrikaans: Druk wat die ding in jou butts ... Ons soek nie jou gemors hier.)

LOL!

Last edited:

markings

Expert Member
Scroll below the picture in the article, there's a list.
I can understand that they are excited about some devices using Windows 8 but as they have their own device I don't understand why they should be excited about the others, as a device. Are they saying that their own product is inferior to them or that they can't deliver it at a similar price?

IMO, the RT version was always a non-starter because it requires windows programs to be specially written for RT.

CeeBee

Expert Member
yeah, clearly MS still has enough money... any company in current world economic situation, who still has to wonder about marketing their products everywhere they can, especialy in a market where they know there is demand, is not concerned about market share, or making more money.
had a look at the Samsung W8 tablet at Dion yesterday... 10" full Windows 8, with the docking keyboard, to make it into a small laptop. looks real good... at similar price we paid last year for Win7 tablet only.
oh well, if they dont want to bring the surface, then stick it MS... enough similar products available then.
Guess, with the other products also having Win8 on, microsoft still wins :)

qwertydudeza

To be honest - MicrosoftSA's service is shocking - always lagging the international MS markets. Why don't we have any MS Stores in SA ?
How on earth do you justify that statement. Microsoft service is top notch and we are in regular contact with Microsoft be it for technical support or product information. They have almost weekly free events at their offices in Sandton.
Sponsor community user groups in SA.

Maybe on a consumer side th Surface their is justification to be upset. Unless you can justify your statement I call it rubbish.

F

Fudzy

How on earth do you justify that statement. Microsoft service is top notch and we are in regular contact with Microsoft be it for technical support or product information. They have almost weekly free events at their offices in Sandton.

Maybe on a consumer side th Surface their is justification to be upset. Unless you can justify your statement I call it rubbish.
How many Microsoft certificates do you have?

NiTeD

Expert Member

:confused:

whatwhat

Executive Member
yeah, clearly MS still has enough money... any company in current world economic situation, who still has to wonder about marketing their products everywhere they can, especialy in a market where they know there is demand, is not concerned about market share, or making more money.
had a look at the Samsung W8 tablet at Dion yesterday... 10" full Windows 8, with the docking keyboard, to make it into a small laptop. looks real good... at similar price we paid last year for Win7 tablet only.
oh well, if they dont want to bring the surface, then stick it MS... enough similar products available then.
Guess, with the other products also having Win8 on, microsoft still wins :)
The SA market is small, we are lucky we get the products we go get over here. Look at the iPhone 5, South Africa got 6000 units for the launch weekend while China sold over a million on the same weekend.

It just isn't worth it to sell most things here when you look at cost of shipping, our customs, etc.