Microsoft wants Xbox developers to use Azure

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Microsoft wants Xbox developers to use Azure

Microsoft'’s Xbox video-game business is creating a unit that will focus on getting partners to use the company’s Azure cloud-computing services to run their internet-based games and features.

[Bloomberg]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Are there even any servers here?

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/clou...-azure-servers-in-south-africa-microsoft.html

Microsoft announced last year that it will deliver cloud services from data centres in Johannesburg and Cape Town in 2018.

Services offered will include Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics 365.

Microsoft did not confirm a launch date for Azure data centres in South Africa, but said they would be deployed in 2018.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Are there even any servers here?

No, but I guess we may see instances coming June/July, that is whether these Azure instances (or nodes) will serve the gaming market or only the services model in general. SA believe that we are a MS-ready market, though I haven’t seen them agree with that sentiment, but yes, we need nodes here to serve the continent, but I don’t think that they will serve the gamers (yet).

Stevewarren

What makes you say June/July. Regarding the gaming Ubisoft has announced local servers for Rainbow Six Siege and they use Azure.