Microsoft Windows 8 lags predecessor in first-year sales

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Not bad considering the drop in PC sales and the amount of hate Win8 gets

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Do they count pre-installations where the buyer immediately replace 8 with something else?

BBotha

Windows 8 was the first Windows OS that made me go looking at Linux. MicroSoft is lucky that most of my Games don't have a working linux port.......

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I've tried very hard to like it but it's just a bad operating system. I hope Microsoft can do better on Windows 9.

Mouse

Expert Member
Windows 8 was the first Windows OS that made me go looking at Linux. MicroSoft is lucky that most of my Games don't have a working linux port.......
I started using Linux when Vista came out. Back then getting read/write support for NTFS drives or using 3G internet was a chore. Now it's incredibly easy.
Win8 is even worse than Vista, and Linux has only been getting better over time.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I've tried very hard to like it but it's just a bad operating system. I hope Microsoft can do better on Windows 9.
I have a license for Windows 8, installed it and removed it again. It never appealed to me. I think it is about the Metro interface.

Allin

Expert Member
Was reasonably happy with W8, but the many failed updates pi$$ed me off so much (losing an hour installing and reverting) I have turned updates off...