Migrate to VOIP from fixed line

Lynn1

MWeb is my ISP. I had an ADSL line from Telkom. I have now had fibre installed via Mweb and have requested Telkom to migrate my landline telephones to VOIP - which will of course be plugged into the fibre box installed. Problem is that they are not able to assist me as they are not my ISP. They are asking people to migrate away from their copper. They were happy to provide me with an ADSL line with MWeb being my ISP but are now not prepared to provide a VOIP service. They did quote a fee that I would be billed for depending on the option I selected - after numerous phone calls following up on the migration and asking why I am hearing nothing about the migration they have informed me that sorry it is because they are not my ISP! The fibre connection was installed by OpenServe - so my ISP must be hiring fibre from Telkoms Fibre section. Where to from here. Just cancel landline completely. Is it that Telkom want to get rid of all landline type services??

Hellhound105

Expert Member
WebAfrica has a VOIP service and can transfer your number.

Dont expect much from their support though.

Monka

MWeb is my ISP. I had an ADSL line from Telkom. I have now had fibre installed via Mweb and have requested Telkom to migrate my landline telephones to VOIP - which will of course be plugged into the fibre box installed. Problem is that they are not able to assist me as they are not my ISP. They are asking people to migrate away from their copper. They were happy to provide me with an ADSL line with MWeb being my ISP but are now not prepared to provide a VOIP service. They did quote a fee that I would be billed for depending on the option I selected - after numerous phone calls following up on the migration and asking why I am hearing nothing about the migration they have informed me that sorry it is because they are not my ISP! The fibre connection was installed by OpenServe - so my ISP must be hiring fibre from Telkoms Fibre section. Where to from here. Just cancel landline completely. Is it that Telkom want to get rid of all landline type services??
Can i port you for a R350pm uncapped voice package? PM if interested

PUP Backup

MWeb is my ISP. I had an ADSL line from Telkom. I have now had fibre installed via Mweb and have requested Telkom to migrate my landline telephones to VOIP - which will of course be plugged into the fibre box installed. Problem is that they are not able to assist me as they are not my ISP.
This is my scenario as well.
However I took up MWEB's offer to migrate my ADSL to fibre (installed by Vumatel) and they would throw in a VOIP phone service for no additional charge.
So I approached MWEB to port my Telkom landline no. After lots of forms got filled in and submitted I still have had no success.
When I phone MWEB they say they will call me back.
Still waiting..

BlockingThePass

This is my scenario as well.
However I took up MWEB's offer to migrate my ADSL to fibre (installed by Vumatel) and they would throw in a VOIP phone service for no additional charge.
So I approached MWEB to port my Telkom landline no. After lots of forms got filled in and submitted I still have had no success.
When I phone MWEB they say they will call me back.
Still waiting..
Mweb service is generally good, so far I didn't experience anything bad.