• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Mikrotik and USB Modem

Thor

Honorary Master
Hello, So I have a Mikrotik ROS L5 5xGE 5xFE 1xSFP 1x2,4GHz Desktop Router and it is currently using a Huawei K3765 and it is working perfectly, however it is not our modem, so I bought a Vodafone one (ZTE Model: K4201-Z), but this modem does not work with the Mikrotik.

My question, is there someone here with experience regarding what modems are compatible with that specific Mikrotik and/or is it possible to load the Vodafone (ZTE Model: K4201-Z) with Huawei K3765 firmware?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The vodafone(ZTE Model: K4201-Z) modem does show up on the usb in the RouterOS however the ports and stuff is not working etc, but the current Huawei K3765 does work plug n play perfectly

Last edited:

kwaggawerner

..and no... the -Z part indicated the modem is manufactured by ZTE, a more "value" oriented modem manufacturer. Huawei is still the best.