• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.

Mikrotik and USB Modem

Thor

Honorary Master
Hello, So I have a Mikrotik ROS L5 5xGE 5xFE 1xSFP 1x2,4GHz Desktop Router and it is currently using a Huawei K3765 and it is working perfectly, however it is not our modem, so I bought a Vodafone one (ZTE Model: K4201-Z), but this modem does not work with the Mikrotik.

My question, is there someone here with experience regarding what modems are compatible with that specific Mikrotik and/or is it possible to load the Vodafone (ZTE Model: K4201-Z) with Huawei K3765 firmware?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The vodafone(ZTE Model: K4201-Z) modem does show up on the usb in the RouterOS however the ports and stuff is not working etc, but the current Huawei K3765 does work plug n play perfectly

Last edited:

kwaggawerner

..and no... the -Z part indicated the modem is manufactured by ZTE, a more "value" oriented modem manufacturer. Huawei is still the best.