Mkhize faces tender scandal

CommonSense

The arguments our political overlords are using are honestly just baffling...

You can't charge me cos I have lost my job, and am now unemployable in my chosen field.. Like no **** sherlock, you stole money from the public, you aren't fit to have that role.

What then further boggles the mind is this: If the charges are dropped (for whatever obscure reason), he suddenly becomes employable again in that exact same role because "He hasn't been found guilty by a court of any crime".

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So what were the charges, and what circumstances led to him being cleared of these charges...

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall the SIU report being made public?
I am not sure but I suspect it had to do with exercising oversight as an accounting officer, I seem to recall reports that the Digital Vibes contract was signed before he was appointed DG.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I am not sure but I suspect it had to do with exercising oversight as an accounting officer, I seem to recall reports that the Digital Vibes contract was signed before he was appointed DG.

For once it would just be nice to see the actual charges, and the circumstances that led to a high level government deployee being cleared of these charges.
The lack of transparency on that front makes one question just how rigorous the process actually was.. Also given how fast it was makes me question it as well.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
For once it would just be nice to see the actual charges, and the circumstances that led to a high level government deployee being cleared of these charges.
The lack of transparency on that front makes one question just how rigorous the process actually was.. Also given how fast it was makes me question it as well.
I hear you, but he is technically an employee more than a deployee, so there will be the smallernyana problem of him being entitled to the privacy that all of us enjoy when we have issues with our employers.

I guess a case can still be made for public interest and all that if someone is determined enough.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

I hear you, but he is technically an employee more than a deployee, so there will be the smallernyana problem of him being entitled to the privacy that all of us enjoy when we have issues with our employers.

I guess a case can still be made for public interest and all that if someone is determined enough.

Yeah I know the technicalities of it, but we also all know the realities of the situation. He may technically be an employee, but in reality he was deployed to the position.

Then again, even as an "employee" a case could be made for anyone in the line of sight of public funds to the level that this man was should automatically invoke Public Interest clauses in terms of disciplinary hearings and such like.

ToxicBunny

Ok the Daily Maverick have a much better article on Sandile being cleared of charges, and by and large I agree with the outcome the way they lay it out.