Mkhwebane probes SARS commissioner's recruitment, selection

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
This is now becoming ridiculous. Is she now the EFF protector? Fire her useless ass already.

surface

Honorary Master
Interesting as article says "This forms part of a broader complaint, laid in November 2018, into Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan and the so-called SARS rogue-unit. "

This has to be from EFF/Moyane as PG is again the target.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/new-sars-boss-edward-kieswetter-2019-3

Kieswetter has three Master’s degrees
Apart from his Master’s in education, he also received an Executive MBA from Henley Business School and an M.Com degree in tax from North West University in Potchefstroom (2005).

He knows SARS
In 2004, former SARS boss Pravin Gordhan recruited Kieswetter to become deputy commissioner. Kieswetter established units that specifically focused on high-net worth individuals and large businesses. These units were dismantled by former SARS boss Tom Moyane in 2015.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
So zuma and that other idiot malema are now trying everything in their books to somehow discredit the sleeping dog that's still hidden in SARS by trying to find a technical fault in the recruitment process of the new commissioner.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
How is this woman allowed to just run rampantly around doing whatever she pleases?

I mean can someone explain to me how she is the single most powerful person in the country with zero checks and balances on her conduct?

krycor

Honorary Master
How is this woman allowed to just run rampantly around doing whatever she pleases?

I mean can someone explain to me how she is the single most powerful person in the country with zero checks and balances on her conduct?

So a query into her being on roll of advocates has been lodged after the CC result as she lied under oath. But removing her from there.. I dunno.. if it works yay. But I don’t see zuma acolytes allowing removal via parliament

R13...

Honorary Master

surface

Honorary Master

I think this is how PP office should be - free to investigate without fear & favor. Imagine if Ms Madonsela's office was allowed to be unhindered like this. There seem to be checks and balances only in terms of Con.Court in current PP cases.

3WA

Honorary Master

There's the problem. They need to moer her with so many cost orders that taking bribes and issuing rubbish judgements becomes unprofitable.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I think this is how PP office should be - free to investigate without fear & favor. Imagine if Ms Madonsela's office was allowed to be unhindered like this. There seem to be checks and balances only in terms of Con.Court in current PP cases.

Sure. I get that the office should be like that, but the individual occupying it should not be greater than the office, right?

It has been a finding of the highest court in the land that the person currently occupying the office has lied under oath, and is incompetent in her understanding of her role and the overall constitution of the country. How is she effectively beyond reproach?

Blue Shirt

The woman has no shame. The concourt slaps her down, finds that she lied under oath and misrepresented facts, yet she finds other nonsense to investigate.

In any normal situation, she would have resigned within the hour after the concourt judgement. The Zuptoids are becoming desperate to stay out of jail.

R13...

Honorary Master
What's apparent is that she appears to investigate everything lodged with her office (obviously when it serves her nefarious agenda). You'd think she'd first look if there's merit in the complaints she gets and/or whether other (more capable) bodies may have covered the same ground. Someone with money should take her to court over that sort of wastefulness.

sox63

Executive Member
Not sure how you can investigate something that is the sole prerogative of the President? I mean what's next, investigating the appointment of the Governor of the Reserve Bank for another term?

Destined to be another smack down of a review in the courts of her eventual findings...

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

It works till the PP goes rogue.