More Afrihost Treachery

racer

So a few months ago I got a Cell C Fixed LTE service via Afrihost.
The product has never worked since i received it. Well, ok.. it works, but:

Ping: 38ms
Download: 0.73Mbps
Upload: 4.47Mbps

That's not broadband nor LTE speeds, but that's what I've been putting up with for 6 months now.. I tried dealing with Afrihost support, which was a useless exercise. The reps here led me around the garden path (as they're paid to do) and basically I left with 2 choices - Cancel and pay a R999 fine, or keep paying for a piece of **** for 6 months and then get the hell out.

So I've just paid my 6th invoice on this crap, but when trying to cancel I was told that I was in my 6 month now and could only cancel after 1st April! Really? Yes i KNOW that I'm in my 6th month, but I also know that I pay in advance, which means my 6th month is paid for.

Insisting that I can only cancel in April means I have to pay for a 7th month! I was told I have to use the service for 6 months before i could cancel without a fine,.,, I have paid for 6 months and want to cancel.. I do NOT want this piece of **** connection a day longer than that and I REFUSE to pay for a 7th month.

I trust that one of the Afrihost reps here will sort this out for me please.... I want this service cancelled on the 31st March, I will not pay for another day on it...

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Erm good luck, it takes a couple of days for them to respond usually, and they will cue up the apologies first with blurb about "this is not the kind of service we wish to give to our clients bla bla bla"

7ty7

They charged me R999 for cancellation although I did not even take a Modem.

7ty7

Well they are going to be loosing customers, I have an existing contract with them which I am also going to cancel.

itsme2

Yup, avoid Afrihost. Being punished to cancel the service for poor performance is so unethical.

STORMERSFAN

That's not broadband nor LTE speeds, but that's what I've been putting up with for 6 months now.. I tried dealing with Afrihost support, which was a useless exercise. The reps here led me around the garden path (as they're paid to do) and basically I left with 2 choices - Cancel and pay a R999 fine, or keep paying for a piece of **** for 6 months and then get the hell out.

So I've just paid my 6th invoice on this crap, but when trying to cancel I was told that I was in my 6 month now and could only cancel after 1st April! Really? Yes i KNOW that I'm in my 6th month, but I also know that I pay in advance, which means my 6th month is paid for.

Insisting that I can only cancel in April means I have to pay for a 7th month! I was told I have to use the service for 6 months before i could cancel without a fine,.,, I have paid for 6 months and want to cancel.. I do NOT want this piece of **** connection a day longer than that and I REFUSE to pay for a 7th month.

I trust that one of the Afrihost reps here will sort this out for me please.... I want this service cancelled on the 31st March, I will not pay for another day on it...
Shoulve just paid the R999 and save yourself the irritation..

SlideWP

Here I thought I was the only one receiving horrendous speeds with my Cell C Fixed LTE and this also since activation.
It`s so slow I can hardly deplete my 20 GB, so what happens to the remaining GB`s of data?

7ty7

Yup they lure you in with with promises and then give you a sim with horrendous speeds hoping you will cancel within 6 months and nail you with R1000.

racer

Shoulve just paid the R999 and save yourself the irritation..
I considered that but thought I'd keep it for the 6 months so that I could at least check emails etc in the evenings (that's about all it's good for).... This was just to tide me over until Fibre installation, which is happening this week.

STORMERSFAN

I considered that but thought I'd keep it for the 6 months so that I could at least check emails etc in the evenings (that's about all it's good for).... This was just to tide me over until Fibre installation, which is happening this week.
Who you choosing as your fibre provider..generally cool ideas and rocketnet are recommended..

Totempole

Expert Member

Send them proof of all 6 payments. 6 months is 6 months, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

You're giving your intent to cancel before the 6th month is over, but you're only cancelling at the end of month 6.

They tried a similar thing with me on Fibre back when their terms were even more vague. Except in my case they tried to slap me with a bill of over R2K. I was just lucky that it bounced or I probably would never have seen the money again.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I know that you have been struggling for a while and I am going to get this sorted out. Please send me a PM and I will get this cancelled and I will make sure that you pay nothing in terms of a cancellation fee.

Please send me a PM as soon as you can.

racer

I know that you have been struggling for a while and I am going to get this sorted out. Please send me a PM and I will get this cancelled and I will make sure that you pay nothing in terms of a cancellation fee.

Please send me a PM as soon as you can.
thanks, PM sent...