More on SA cell towers

cavedog

Honorary Master
Are you also in the area? S10 should be able to do more than 3CA?

No in Centurion.

I get Band 41 20Mhz x 2. I get Band 3 20Mhz + Band 1 20MHz and Band 8 5Mhz. I get MTN 5G on my P40 Lite 5G but can't seem to get more than 3ca on my S10.

Tector

No in Centurion.

I get Band 41 20Mhz x 2. I get Band 3 20Mhz + Band 1 20MHz and Band 8 5Mhz. I get MTN 5G on my P40 Lite 5G but can't seem to get more than 3ca on my S10.
Lets hope they are still rolling out the 4CA and that you will get it eventually. S10 supports 7CA. With the speeds I am getting on 4CA it seems it is still being optimised but will do more testing

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Does anyone know why MTN's internal system displays different Cell ID's to what a phone app displays?

They gave me a Cell ID of 7331A which is quite different from what my phone reports.

It causes issues when reporting a tower because they don't know which one im referring to.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Does anyone know why MTN's internal system displays different Cell ID's to what a phone app displays?

They gave me a Cell ID of 7331A which is quite different from what my phone reports.

It causes issues when reporting a tower because they don't know which one im referring to.

That is probably a site ID. Remember that a single tower will have multiple cell id's for each radio frequency so you will end up with like 10 or so for each tower.

Joseph matane

“When you have 14 500 sites, you have 14 500 points that you can very easily connect back into your transition network, so building fibre off the mobile network is, of course, logical for the telco going forward. The key focus going forward will be diversification of revenue from mobile into fixed as well.” said Vodacom CEO

Is this really ideal won't it result in poor performance on Vodacom entire network FTTH/B and mobile services?
I suspect Vodacom might have Fibre To The base station in 10000-12500 tower's not all 14500 sites, I know he didn't say Vodacom will use all access points to roll out Fibre To The Home/Business