MotoGP 2019

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Little late, but Miller has renewed with Pramac Ducati for another season.

Pramac retains Miller on factory-spec Ducati

Miller had been at the centre of a major MotoGP transfer market saga at last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix, during which it emerged that Honda’s Jorge Lorenzo was keen on taking his ride with the Ducati satellite team.

Some at Ducati were believed to be open to reuniting with Lorenzo at Miller’s expense, but Pramac was dead set on keeping the Australian, and Lorenzo ultimately opted to see out his current two-year Honda deal.

Miller has now firmed up a one-year extension to his current deal, and will ride one of the four Ducati Desmosedici GP20s in the premier class next year.

“Our main goal is to grow young riders and give them the chance to ride the factory Ducati bike one day,” team boss Francesco Guidotti said.

“Jack is proving to have great talent and his current position in the riders’ standings is confirmation of this. We are proud to have him with us also next season and we will now stay focused on our work to achieve even greater results in 2019.”

Johann Zarco’s shock decision to end his KTM contract early, announced on Monday, meant a factory ride was suddenly open for 2020, and Miller was viewed as the highest-profile contender.

However, the Australian had made it clear during the weekend that his first priority was continuity with Pramac.

“I am very happy to have reached this agreement,” Miller said. “Pramac Racing is a team that made me feel comfortable right from the start and the relationship with Ducati is very close.

“I will have again the official bike at my disposal and will do my best to achieve great results.”
And for the first time both satellite riders will get the latest Ducati. Up until this season only one of the Pramac riders has received the same bike as the factory riders while the other was on a year-old version.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Oliveira: If it came up, I’d take it

Miguel Oliveira took his Thursday dealings with the media to stress his commitment to Tech 3 KTM for the 2020 season, but admitted he doesn’t “see any reason to decline” an offer to step up to the factory team, should it come.

The Portuguese rider was as surprised as anyone to learn of Johann Zarco’s decision to part ways with the Austrian factory at the end of the year. “A great loss for the project,” he said.

The former Moto2 and Moto3 runner up said he has not had talks with factory bosses about stepping up from the satellite squad to become Pol Espargaro’s team-mate in 2020. “I know my place and I'm quite happy here,” he said.

Yet even Oliveira acknowledged, “besides me, I don’t see anyone really obvious to go there.” If the offer arose “I’ll take it,” he said.

“I know my obligations are with Tech3 for the 2020 season at the moment,” said Oliveira. “Obviously it was a surprise for everyone to learn that Johann is not taking part in the team next year.
And this is now the problem facing KTM. With Miller off the market there are no more quality options available to them.

powermzii

Expert Member
Damn shame for Dovi...

2nd race he's been skittled out through no fault of his own

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I hate that they don't show replays of the epic crashes

EDIT: as I say it :/ :D

greg0205

Honorary Master
Good podium for Brad.

He rides the wheels of that thing... The next best KTM rider was 16 seconds behind him.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Just caught the replays. Incredible last corner action in MotoGP. Marquez must hate last corners now. As for Moto2, going to stick my neck out and say that Brad is the best rider in that class at the moment. He is getting more out of that KTM than he should be. And so I'm torn with him coming to MotoGP. I love watching him fight for victories in Moto2 but will now have to settle for him scrapping for the lower points in the main class. Still, a Saffa in the premier class. Can't argue!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Just caught the replays. Incredible last corner action in MotoGP. Marquez must hate last corners now. As for Moto2, going to stick my neck out and say that Brad is the best rider in that class at the moment. He is getting more out of that KTM than he should be. And so I'm torn with him coming to MotoGP. I love watching him fight for victories in Moto2 but will now have to settle for him scrapping for the lower points in the main class. Still, a Saffa in the premier class. Can't argue!
I'd be inclined to agree with you. At the very least a match for Alex Marquez.

Even the commentators post race said it, Brad is dragging that KTM in to places it shouldn't be.

powermzii

Expert Member
The Aragon MotoGP race will start one hour earlier than originally scheduled and avoids a direct clash with the F1 Singapore Grand Prix.

The final race in Europe before MotoGP heads to the Asia flyway rounds will see the premier class race begin at 13:00 local time, one hour earlier than usual, with the Moto2 race delayed until after MotoGP.

The move ensures MotoGP does not directly clash with F1, which is racing in Singapore but sticks to a European time schedule due to its night running, meaning both races would have been on at the same time on Sunday 22nd September.

The rest of the Aragon MotoGP weekend remains unchanged including all of Friday practice plus Saturday’s practice and qualifying.
From Crash.NET

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Yoh, Pol is flying on that KTM.
He's been doing good things on that KTM the last few rounds. I suspect they could be ruffling a few feathers next year now that they have committed all their resources to the premier class. Syahrin on the other hand is sucking hind tit at the back. Hope that's more of a reflection on him rather than the dog of a bike Brad is going to inherit next year...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
He's been doing good things on that KTM the last few rounds. I suspect they could be ruffling a few feathers next year now that they have committed all their resources to the premier class. Syahrin on the other hand is sucking hind tit at the back. Hope that's more of a reflection on him rather than the dog of a bike Brad is going to inherit next year...
Its Syahrin. He done nothing in the junior classes, 3 podiums in Moto2, that's it. He's only there because of Malaysia's involvement with KTM as a sponsor.

Brad seems to take a while to adapt, but towards the end of the 2018 Moto2 season he wasn't too far off of Oliveira.

Can't see Brad being nearly a second off of Oliveira.