Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I did not watch Riddick, I rather watched World War Z.

I will give it 6/10. the depth of the Story is a bit lacking and as far as I am concerned they wasted a golden opportunity to showcase what the sociological impact would be if something like this happened. Also so scenes felt a bit long an stuck together.

All and all a better Zombie movie than most.
 
Did you sit through it? I've got about 10 minutes of patience for obviously bad movies these days.

Oddly enough, I did. I guess that the immense potential bubbling under the surface kept me there for the duration of the film. That, and I just needed some escapism for one night (even if it was that rubbish). Watched it at the cinema, so perhaps that weighed into it.
 
Oddly enough, I did. I guess that the immense potential bubbling under the surface kept me there for the duration of the film. That, and I just needed some escapism for one night (even if it was that rubbish). Watched it at the cinema, so perhaps that weighed into it.

Inside Llewyn Davis would make an ideal anti-escapist emetic cure.
 
Good Day to Die Hard.

6/10 - taking it for what it is. Good skop skiet en donner Movie. Plenty of action.
 
As Good as it Gets - 8/10. Very loose sort of plot structure but quite marvelous to see how all the characters develop as the movie evolves. And of course the dialogue is pin-sharp. 'You make me want to be a better man'.
 
As Good as it Gets - 8/10. Very loose sort of plot structure but quite marvelous to see how all the characters develop as the movie evolves. And of course the dialogue is pin-sharp. 'You make me want to be a better man'.

Agreed a good mature movie. Brilliantly written that even with a "loose plot structure" as you put it, you are never left feeling bored or wishing the movie was shorter.
 
The original one was brilliant, the 2013 remake I haven't watched yet. Was going to tonight, but have some work to finish. Will queue it up tomorrow.

If you haven't yet, try and watch the original trilogy first.

:) Ok thank you!! Will pirate search it :D
 
Captain Philips...compared to everything else out there I give this movie a SOLID 10/10.

Man they nailed it.
 
As Good as it Gets - 8/10. Very loose sort of plot structure but quite marvelous to see how all the characters develop as the movie evolves. And of course the dialogue is pin-sharp. 'You make me want to be a better man'.

Saw it on DSTV the other day again - brilliant movie.
Jack Nicholson is such a versatile actor and I've always had a major crush on Helen Hunt since her "Mad About You" days :)

Some great recommendations in this thread - "Her" and "Inside Llewyn Davis" are hot on my list to watch after a Google search.
Ta :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X