Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hunger Games - something Fire - :wtf: - 0

Fell asleep after 15 minutes

I know I said the movie is twilightish when Nicci was hyping it but must admit I kind of enjoyed it. My negativity is based on the very terrible book 2 and even worse book 3. The movie rescued it a bit, Katniss still annoying as hell and wish the movie makers would kill her off just for the fun of it.

On that note - 300 Rise of an Empire 6.5/10. As someone said good escapism and titties :love:
 
The Wolf of Wall Street - 7/10

Vulgar and over the top, but not the greatest movie ever. Leo took his role well.
 
Busy watching Pacific Rim.... So far I am enjoying it as it does not try to be anything but Giant Robots vs Giant Aliens :D
 
Wolf of Wall Street. 8/10. DiCaprio gives a tour de force in the performance if his career but its the blonde who plays his wife who really impresses.

She is a stunner.

More of a black comedy rather than a serious take on Belfort's life.
 
Busy watching Pacific Rim.... So far I am enjoying it as it does not try to be anything but Giant Robots vs Giant Aliens :D

Finished it and I think I will give it 7/10 for what it is. A fun mighty morphin power ranger movie on a very large and impressive scale.
do not expect a story line. Just switch off your brain and enjoy on a large screen and surround sound.
 
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

7/10

Really enjoyed it. Could see myself doing all the adventures he had to endure... Except for the final trip... I don't like the cold.
 
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

10/10

If you like grim westerns then this movie is one of the best you'll see. Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck kick ass in the acting department. A real story about real people. If you're looking for a John Wayne type western then this isn't it.

Cassey Affleck's performance in this movie is beyond good and downright eerie.
HTML:
 
Which version did you watch?

This is the one you wan't to watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167565/ 400mins of bliss

Couldn't agree more. The movie was fine... Right to the moment Hollywood decided they knew better than Dumas, meh.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Loved it... 8/10.
Was annoyed when I heard Jackson was making a trilogy but the first one was good and the second even better. The pace was excellent for a two and a half hour movie based in a third of a 200 page book and the deviations from the book haven't annoyed me like I thought they would. The casting is spot on... Cumberbatch's Smaug is perfect.
 
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

10/10

If you like grim westerns then this movie is one of the best you'll see. Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck kick ass in the acting department. A real story about real people. If you're looking for a John Wayne type western then this isn't it.

Cassey Affleck's performance in this movie is beyond good and downright eerie.
HTML:

+10/10

Really good. Long, slow yet not boring.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X