Movie Trailers Thread

thestaggy

Honorary Master
This better be good or Disney pissed away a chunk of change on the rights...
The four movies alone have recouped about a third of their their outlay on the rights, then you still have the DVD sales and merchandising (Lego, etc). I think they're still in good shape.

Cost of buying Star Wars: $4.05 billion

The Force Awakens
Production Budget: $308 million
Promotion Budget: Can be as much as 50% of the production budget or more, so call it $150 million
Box Office: $2.068 billion
Profit: $1.6 billion

Rogue One
Production Budget: $265 million
Promotion Budget: $130 million (Guesstimate)
Box Office: $1.056 billion
Profit: $661 million

The Last Jedi
Production Budget: $317 million
Promotion Budget: $150 million (Guesstimate)
Box Office: $1.333 billion
Profit: $866 million

Solo
Production Budget: $300 million
Promotion Budget: $150 million (Guesstimate)
Box Office: $392.9 billion
Loss: $57.1 million

Total box office profit on the films: $1.472 billion

But yeah, they need to do more Rogue Ones and less Solos.

cerebus

Honorary Master
The four movies alone have recouped about a third of their their outlay on the rights, then you still have the DVD sales and merchandising (Lego, etc). I think they're still in good shape.

Basically they need to exercise better quality control. People will not just watch anything that has a Star Wars logo. Even Rogue One was quite flawed, and Solo was just a disaster. I couldn't watch more than half an hour of that.

The Mandalorian seems very promising though.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Total box office profit on the films: $1.472 billion

They need to do more and better Rogue Ones, and less Solos and Episodes 7 and 8...

Basically they need to exercise better quality control. People will not just watch anything that has a Star Wars logo. Even Rogue One was quite flawed, and Solo was just a disaster. I couldn't watch more than half an hour of that.

The Mandalorian seems very promising though.
I'm very keen on the Mandalorian tbh... if they get it right, Star Trek might get usurped in the TV realm as well...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
And find a better publisher for Star Wars games, gaming could be a real goldmine if they found someone other than EA to do it...
Agreed... I want more Tie Fighter games and a RTS game... but then I'm old school like that.. this MMO nonsense doesn't float my boat...

Cray

Honorary Master
Agreed... I want more Tie Fighter games and a RTS game... but then I'm old school like that.. this MMO nonsense doesn't float my boat...
Same - Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Knights of the Old Republic 3. Dark Forces/Jedi Knight sequel would be nice too...

Stephen

Expert Member
Just an FYI (use it dont use it) there is a new Spiderman trailer just out its very spoilery regarding Avengers Endgame. So if you havent seen Avengers and dont want to be spoilt

Last edited: