MTN Black Friday Discussions

Stevewarren

Well just gave them a call now to see what's what and they didn't know what I was talking about.
Who exactly is it best to deal with in this? Retentions or whatever else departments they have?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Well just gave them a call now to see what's what and they didn't know what I was talking about.
Who exactly is it best to deal with in this? Retentions or whatever else departments they have?
Retentions have been more in the know in 2016 and 2018 regarding these BF deals in my experience.

Stevewarren

Ok called retentions and she said they just got the black friday deals thingie but she said the most data offers was 50GB but she will check if there's another spreadsheet and call me back

Archie1

Ok called retentions and she said they just got the black friday deals thingie but she said the most data offers was 50GB but she will check if there's another spreadsheet and call me back
Thanks for the updates. Perhaps check if these deals apply to everyone or only those who carried on from the original BF 2016 deals.

If it applies to everyone, then I suppose that we should wait a bit longer in the hopes that we get a better deal as was the case in 2018.

wizardofid

Executive Member
The mychoice 80gig for R299.00 pm. Suits my needs perfectly. Dont need minutes any more, hardly ever call "Normally" these days. Posted the specs a few messages up.
Got the same deal :) however they screwed up the night express took a while to sort out.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Say if they offering any good deals with data and minutes please.. for those guys that are phoning retentions today.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Wait for 20th or 27th, people have always been in a rush as per history of this thread but our patience has generally paid off for the MTN deals?

ebendl

Expert Member
Wait for 20th or 27th, people have always been in a rush as per history of this thread but our patience has generally paid off for the MTN deals?
Yeah that's my plan.

I'm happy to go for the R199 -> My MTNChoice 40GB deal or R299 My MTNChoice 80GB deal, which I can still get to the end of the month.

So if nothing better comes along BF, I'll just pull the trigger on one of these.

In terms of the old contracts coming to the end of the contract period -- I just went into the mobile app and cancelled the monthly 20GB bundle (which used to be R0, but jumped to the "normal" price). The rest of the contract stays and are on month-to-month. Didn't have to phone MTN or anything (but then again, I also paid more one month).