MTN Black Friday Discussions

akescpt

Honorary Master
weird. two people complain about data allocations in the thread. they get their data soon after. weird i tell you.

Gamer_ROG1

To everyone having issues with datashare on the 500 gig deal. I have the call where i signed up recorded and i asked a few times the agent if it was 100 or 400 gig that was shareable and they confirmed it as being 400 gig shareable. At this point i am going to escalate it to Jacqui and co and if they dont sort it out before year end i am going to cancel as the main reason i got the 500 gig deal was for datashare as opposed to the 150 gig deal where only 50 gig was supposedly shareable. Pathetic how they treat paying customers. Also how do you change payment from debit order to EFT as someone mentioned earlier.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
To everyone having issues with datashare on the 500 gig deal. I have the call where i signed up recorded and i asked a few times the agent if it was 100 or 400 gig that was shareable and they confirmed it as being 400 gig shareable. At this point i am going to escalate it to Jacqui and co and if they dont sort it out before year end i am going to cancel as the main reason i got the 500 gig deal was for datashare as opposed to the 150 gig deal where only 50 gig was supposedly shareable. Pathetic how they treat paying customers. Also how do you change payment from debit order to EFT as someone mentioned earlier.

dont cancel

we will win this war

i also got a response from ebbedene saying they looking into the issue

Gamer_ROG1

So i went in to the MTN app to see if it still said 0 gig being shared and had a host of glitches. First datashare was turned of itself. Then had this joke on MyMTN app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221_115540.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221_115540.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 65

JLo Human

Looks like MTN is one big frustration. Every time I swear a am going to cancel my contracts and they just catch me again.

This time with this 1TB deal. Looks like they build it from 7x 110GB deals and other random ones to get to 1TB. Now my home wifi data was only loaded with 1x 110GB. And call center just says that is what the contract say. Anyone else on this deal?

As a after thought for the guys struggling with datashare and what was promised. In 2016 they did not load my additional 50gb promo as per the original BF deal. After I got hold of a supervisor she said she will work trough the recording of my call and what was agreed upon. So maybe there is still hope.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Has anyone taken up a sim only contract (non BF) that wasn't due for upgrade and managed to upgrade it to the BF deals?

Leisure Larry

This has been an absolute nightmare for me. 8 days and still no connectivity after numerous 2 hour phone calls leading to a dead end with a bill to pay. When I asked to cancel, the MTN idiot, I mean champion says I will pay a penalty.
How do I pay you for something that doesn't work and then you want me to pay a penalty for it when I want to cancel!

Guys please forward email addresses of seniors. I want to email complaints before day 10.

emailed MTN execs as per post 5,825 and a few more on Friday 18/12 7:30am, got responses immediately. By midday I was still not connected. Emailed again and was connected instantly. Promo bundles loaded on Sunday 20/12

B_Real420

I was told that 200GB of the 400GB will be shareable.

What phone recorder app do you guys use? I wish I also recorded my long winded phonecall.

Stevewarren

I was told that 200GB of the 400GB will be shareable.

What phone recorder app do you guys use? I wish I also recorded my long winded phonecall.
I'm sure they record all calls regarding upgrading. My problem is I didn't ask about sharing.

tattoo002

I always refuse debit orders on all payments when signing for accounts.
I'm sure MTN call centre can update those details or you can do yourself, I think? via https://mycontract.mtn.co.za/