MTN Black Friday Discussions

uzairb

Plus 1 month penalty(so 3 months total)
Maybe MTN is using the package normal subs and not the bf discounted subs to calculate the cancellation fee.

As suggested above I guess there will be forum members willing to transfer the contract. (If MTN allows)

stepper

Expert Member
Maybe MTN is using the package normal subs and not the bf discounted subs to calculate the cancellation fee.

As suggested above I guess there will be forum members willing to transfer the contract. (If MTN allows)
Yep. The fee = CurrentMonthSub + Undiscounted Monthly sub.

MTN does allow transfers but can only done in a MTN store and the recipient must also be in store with me at the same time when the transfer is being done.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

MTN does allow transfers but can only done in a MTN store and the recipient must also be in store with me at the same time when the transfer is being done.

start with where you based

and someone can see from there

airborne

Honorary Master

As far as I know the person doesn't need to be instore with you, they just need to get vetted beforehand and then you authorise the transfer to them.

stepper

Expert Member
As far as I know the person doesn't need to be instore with you, they just need to get vetted beforehand and then you authorise the transfer to them.
That's what I thought since this contract was acquired telephonically.

But retentions consultant I spoke to and the person at the store insisted that another person must be in store with me. Will probably escalate.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
You could send an email to ICASA and lay a complaint .

I tried it a few years ago and was even compensated for my trouble.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
so during loadshedding my network has been very poor

i complained to the people who helped during my BF deals issues

they sent out a guy on friday to put up a ponyting antenna

all for free

apparently who ever logs a complaint gets one

I complained about low signal in this area/complex.

Today a guy from MTN called me saying they can install a cell booster/extender. He also sent me a doc titled "INSTALLATION OF CELL EXTENDER AGREEMENT". Did you also get one of those?

Edit: I just want to know so I have an idea if they will install that antenna or some other tower thing. I'm hoping they dont install some industrial size tower in my place that I have to foot the electricity bill for

Last edited:

Mercury12

Expert Member

Today a guy from MTN called me saying they can install a cell booster/extender. He also sent me a doc titled "INSTALLATION OF CELL EXTENDER AGREEMENT". Did you also get one of those?

This would really help me in my complex. The signal is terrible. Who did you speak to?

MidnightZA

Expert Member
This would really help me in my complex. The signal is terrible. Who did you speak to?
He called me back from the complaint I sent in. I dont know who I spoke to but he was quite helpful when I explained the issue to him, after that he said he logged the issue and a few min later a got the email for agreement.

electrix

I had one of the fixed broadband lte deals a few years back. Mtn gav me a apn something like

Broadbandlte
BroadbandLTE
LTEBroadband

I found it allowed me to use the sim in ANY device

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

Edit: I just want to know so I have an idea if they will install that antenna or some other tower thing. I'm hoping they dont install some industrial size tower in my place that I have to foot the electricity bill for

no didnt get any documentation

got a call from him on a friday morning saying calling on behalf of MTN..i said not interested and cut the call

later the afternoon he whatsapped me

so i said ok

the antenna doesnt use electricity and they do everything

no papers were signed and i didnt even ask MTN

good idea to ask lol but since someone came onto my property and did the work its now mine

MidnightZA

Expert Member
no didnt get any documentation

got a call from him on a friday morning saying calling on behalf of MTN..i said not interested and cut the call

later the afternoon he whatsapped me

so i said ok

the antenna doesnt use electricity and they do everything

no papers were signed and i didnt even ask MTN

good idea to ask lol but since someone came onto my property and did the work its now mine

The agreement that was emailed to me states that the equipment installed will remain property of MTN and they have a right to remove/repair/upgrade it at any time they wish etc.

Also states that I (the user) will be responsible for the electricity costs so I'm guessing it's some power consuming antenna.

I cant reply to the email because it came from an automated system. I'm hoping the guy calls me back today to follow up

airborne

Honorary Master
The agreement that was emailed to me states that the equipment installed will remain property of MTN and they have a right to remove/repair/upgrade it at any time they wish etc.

Also states that I (the user) will be responsible for the electricity costs so I'm guessing it's some power consuming antenna.

I cant reply to the email because it came from an automated system. I'm hoping the guy calls me back today to follow up
I had something similar fitted by MTN at the last place I stayed, it was a very expensive signal booster with an external antenna on a pole, used marginal electricity. When I moved I had to take it all down and they ignored my emails/calls to come fetch their sht, eventually I sold it for R2k.

What they installed was actually for boosting phone reception, it was pretty useless for data speeds, for data you need a Poynting antenna fitted that attaches to your routers external antenna ports, that definitely makes a difference.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
I had something similar fitted by MTN at the last place I stayed, it was a very expensive signal booster with an external antenna on a pole, used marginal electricity. When I moved I had to take it all down and they ignored my emails/calls to come fetch their sht, eventually I sold it for R2k.

What they installed was actually for boosting phone reception, it was pretty useless for data speeds, for data you need a Poynting antenna fitted that attaches to your routers external antenna ports, that definitely makes a difference.

yes thats what i got

i emailed MTN now and the place that fitted by me is last mile technologies as per below i received from the guy

Hello there, this is Molven from Lastmile Technologies on behalf of MTN, we do installations for MTN. MTN is advising us to come to your place and install the antenna for you, it is in regards with the signal issues that you are having. We have been calling but no luck. Are you available today at 16:30 today for us to come and do this installation for you

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
and all they fitted was a ponyting antenna
had no invoice or bill for it

apparently MTN pays them

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
the response from the MTN rep:

Hi,

Coverage team confirm the below company is a contractor for MTN.