MTN Call Centre Operating? Trying to get invoice.

bridgeburner

Might be a dumb question but anyone know if MTNs call centre is operating? Dial 135, automated thing saying experiencing high call volumes and someone will help when next available but then it just proceeds with the automated self service options.. no option to speak to someone. And it just loops endlessly.

Having issues getting my invoice off mycontract.mtn.co.za.. for some reason its saying that my sim is "permanently disconnected" and amount due is R0 for March. Odd because if I query my balance using 135 the amounts are correct. I'm wondering if their website is broken.

kagishokgaile

They do operate. I'd recommend you call at a time when volumes are typically less. Maybe late afternoon or early evening? I received help fairly quickly last week when I dialed at about 18:30.

bridgeburner

They do operate. I'd recommend you call at a time when volumes are typically less. Maybe late afternoon or early evening? I received help fairly quickly last week when I dialed at about 18:30.
Did you dial 135 and what option did you choose?

marioat1

Expert Member
Might be a dumb question but anyone know if MTNs call centre is operating? Dial 135, automated thing saying experiencing high call volumes and someone will help when next available but then it just proceeds with the automated self service options.. no option to speak to someone. And it just loops endlessly.

Having issues getting my invoice off mycontract.mtn.co.za.. for some reason its saying that my sim is "permanently disconnected" and amount due is R0 for March. Odd because if I query my balance using 135 the amounts are correct. I'm wondering if their website is broken.
Send them an email, the calls are an absolute waste.

Got my invoices emailed directly instead of that dumb otp system.

wizardofid

Executive Member

They changed to a new system, with this you got a new account number, I got a notification from Tymecoach that mtn went ahead and closed the account as well on credit bureaus.I am waiting for them to load the new account number on tymecoach to see if it affects my score.If it does there will be hell to pay.

However their normal email, twitter, and Facebook channels should work, albeit delayed.

bridgeburner

They changed to a new system, with this you got a new account number, I got a notification from Tymecoach that mtn went ahead and closed the account as well on credit bureaus.I am waiting for them to load the new account number on tymecoach to see if it affects my score.If it does there will be hell to pay.

However their normal email, twitter, and Facebook channels should work, albeit delayed.
Thanks. Wasn't aware of this. Let us know what happens.

kang

I tried to call them many times yesterday with no success. I had a query about an upgrade so I chose option 3 and then 0 to speak to a person. After a few seconds of the irritating music the line just goes dead. Completely silent but the call clock still runs.
I eventually sent them a mail in the evening and they responded this morning.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Thanks. Wasn't aware of this. Let us know what happens.
Really MTN send out an email and SMS over 2 months ago, that they were changing system, this included that their upgrade has changed from month 20 to 21.Some thing they never communicated to clients.

I kaked them out for lack of proper communication on both, kinda shrugged and said oh well, we will try better next time. Usually spend about a week with normal channels, then automatically escalate to management, and the 3rd week I email the CEO. Then the idiots take two days to solve the problem.

Once you have established a trail and reference numbers, forward the email chain to their boss shyte just magically happens to work right away.

I have reported the issue with regards to my contract page not working and mentioned I will phone to get it sorted after the lockdown, this going end up being another 2-3 week up hill battle to be sorted.

bridgeburner

Just bumping this thread again. I managed to get my invoice using the app. There's an option to have it emailed.

Now this month, that option has vanished and mycontract.mtn.co.za hasn't loaded up anything for April (it goes up to March which still has R0 as per my OP).

I'm being ignored on Twitter, but got through to someone on Facebook who said they'd email it within 24 hours. That 24 hours has come and gone and haven't received anything. Now I'm being ignored on Facebook. Is anyone else battling to get their invoice? Or is it just me having bad luck with this useless company? Cannot understand why its so hard to just get your bloody invoice

StiaanS

Just bumping this thread again. I managed to get my invoice using the app. There's an option to have it emailed.

Now this month, that option has vanished and mycontract.mtn.co.za hasn't loaded up anything for April (it goes up to March which still has R0 as per my OP).

I'm being ignored on Twitter, but got through to someone on Facebook who said they'd email it within 24 hours. That 24 hours has come and gone and haven't received anything. Now I'm being ignored on Facebook. Is anyone else battling to get their invoice? Or is it just me having bad luck with this useless company? Cannot understand why its so hard to just get your bloody invoice
I am also struggling to get my invoice. The app says “error processing your request”. It must be a bigger issue then, maybe the new system.