MTN - How to increase upload speed / WilsonPRO A500?

skitrav

Good day

I am currently using two 2x LPDA Antennae's in my Huawei B612-233 Router on MTN in rural area.

My download speeds are good. (They vary between 60 and 80 mpbs). However the uploads are only 7 mpbs. Does any have any ideas how to improve this? I am in the MTN Coverage looking at their LTE Map.

Was thinking of trying one of these Wilson PRO A500 - https://www.boltontechnical.co.za/products/wilsonpro-a500 ? They seem legit and have money back guarantee. Curious to know if anybody has tried this and if it will fix my problem with uploads or are they just overpriced extenders?

Thanks!

coolp

Try Huawei manager app and search how to use it on YouTube.

Crumbl0x

I don't think it'll help, you're already getting good signal with your setup judging from your speed (I'm using a B525 currently in a rural area and getting 50-75mbps on average with poor upload), the only real fix is using a router with 4x4 MIMO and its internal antennas in a more populated area which allows it to aggregate bands for both better download and much better upload, and this option isn't available to us currently given the distance.

Reactions: Yuu